Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co-worker issues

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I swear, I don't know about my co-worker. He is so self-entitled it drives me friggin bonkers.

His latest:

He always takes off 2 separate weeks over the summer. One in June and one in July. About 2 weeks ago i asked him what the dates were that he was planning on taking off for the summer. He told me what days for June but was not sure of the dates for July.

Well bf was putting in for his time off for next year, we coordinated it, along with the week that his company closes down. So I asked off for a week in June, working around co-worker's planned time off. And I asked off for another week in July when my bf's company is closed.

Well co-worker got wind of it and had an absolute hissy fit. He told me I should have discussed the days with him first and how I knew he always takes that week off every year. He tried telling our boss that he had already put down a deposit on the vacation for that week. Boss's response was 'well it's not usually a good idea to put a deposit down on a vacation until you ask for that time off'.

Omg, co-w and I started on the same day, for the past 2 1/2 years I have always worked around his schedule. Mostly because former boss and co-w were good friends and co-w would manipulate the situation. This year alone I had to come back from vacation a day early because co-w was going out on vacation. Not to mention the other week he took off earlier in the year and the 2 weeks later. Me? I've had a week off. Not to mention we started the same day, so no one has seniority. I asked first so I got my time off approved. Him? He won't even talk to me.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't owe your co-worker anything. He's acting like a child and like you said it's first come first serve.
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM

sticking out tongueToo funny, serves that little bish right. Watch out for retailation? 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:48 PM

If he already put his deposit down why didn't he come back to you and tell you which week he than knew about he would be taking off?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you work with my ex-husband..... oh wait.  That would mean my ex-husband actually had a job!!!  Ha!  Sorry...... my mistake. ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Exactly

Quoting virginiamama71:

If he already put his deposit down why didn't he come back to you and tell you which week he than knew about he would be taking off?

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

You were more then considerate by going to him and asking him since you know he takes time off. You put in the request first so he'll have to get over it

Callaly
by Jessica on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM

I think that you even asking him what days he was thinking was TOO nice!

Good for you, now enjoy your vacation this coming summer :)

wendythewriter
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM

You did discuss it with him first. You asked, he said he didn't know - discussion done. You did what you needed to do (and technically, I'm not sure you really even needed to do that much!), so now he can just suck it up and get over it. 

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 27, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Quoting owl0210: You don't owe your co-worker anything. He's acting like a child and like you said it's first come first serve.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I don't think he did. I think he just said that so the boss would approve his time off.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Exactly

Quoting virginiamama71:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)