Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court date set

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

So we had our short hearing today to set a court date for custody and visitation. Our date isn't until Feb 16th. While we were waiting to see the judge the BD was talking to me. It was like he was probing me for info on what I was doing. Which is whatever; I told him I filled out a parenting plan and started a case with child support division. I told him I would still really like to get together and try to fill out a parenting plan together before the hearing. He blamed his lawyer for why we have not been able to do that yet. He said he filled out the parenting plan my lawyer sent him and that he thinks we agree on most things. But the way he said it...I knew he was lying. He acts all buddy buddy when we are in court but,will not talk to me about our son ever, out of court or even in the court house. Why would he be fighting for custody if he doesn't even ask about his son? He won't go out to lunch with us so he can see him either. I don't get it. I feel like he is up to something. I have a feeling that he can see everything on my phone and my computer. There are online services you can pay to do this. If he was to bring transcripts of things I have said on my phone or my computer could he use that in court? I mean it is illegal to tap someone's stuff without their knowledge.  I'm stressing. I feel like once court is over I will hardly ever see my son...

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM

If it bothers you that he will know stuff you talk about with others, than don't put what you have to say about your life where it can be found.

I hope all this gets worked out.

Zipcrystal
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM

All my stuff online is private tho and I have him blocked everywhere I can think of. Plus I do not add people to my fb or anything unless I know them in person and I am positive it is them. I think he has hacked some of my stuff though. He set up my computer when we where together and did a bunch of weird things to it. idk but there has just been weird things going on. Once I can afford it (tax time?) I am going to get my laptop worked on in hopes that he won't be able to hack anything. 

Quoting virginiamama71:

If it bothers you that he will know stuff you talk about with others, than don't put what you have to say about your life where it can be found.

I hope all this gets worked out.

LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Find out if you can do a mediation date prior most courts prefer that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Don't post anything on social media that you don't want him to know about. Is there anyone you know that could see if there's any programs on your computer that would allow him access?
Karen24
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck with all this. Yes, definitely be careful.
Zipcrystal
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I have tried from day one to do this. Or to set up a date with our lawyers to talk there. We went to a PACT class and nothing got accomplished. I can't afford to keep paying for mediation when nothing comes of it. For whatever reason his lawyer and him won't set up a time to speak with me and my lawyer...so idk

Quoting LifeCafe42: Find out if you can do a mediation date prior most courts prefer that

Zipcrystal
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM

I never use his name and I try to be very careful with what I say online. I am careful what I even lookup online on my own computer. I do not know anyone who has that kinda skill. Well, there may be a guy I work with who could do it. Idk how much computer training he has but he works on our computers at work. I will ask him. But I doubt it. As far as not wanting the BD to know things, he stalks me, I belive he taps my phone and has access to my computer or online things. He knows everything and he doesn't mind slipping something into our convo to let me know that he knows. 

Quoting cjsmom1: Don't post anything on social media that you don't want him to know about. Is there anyone you know that could see if there's any programs on your computer that would allow him access?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry. Everything will be okay. I doubt he tapped into anything, just watch what you write and say. You will be okay. No one would take your child away unless you were abusive or abusing drugs. I understand your worries. I will be going to court soon for their dad and all kinds of extremes go through your mind. You will be okay.

donnag013
by Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM

It isn't that expensive to get spyware off yoiur computer. You can probably do it for less than 50 bucks. Staples offers a free computer cleaning. There are also places to go online that might be able to help you figure out how to look for spyware. Just don't download any new software unless the website is extremely trustable. As far as social media, he can still see posts from you if one of your friends posts on one of your statuses, and their privacy settings are not set to private.

rachel216
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Get a new computer and maybe a new phone . If he is stalking you then you need to filea a police report. Also weather or not he can use things against you that you post online depends. I've heard both yes you can and no you can't. So I guess it depends on your state and judge..you can ask your lawyer about this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)