Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quiz: How Good or Bad Are You at Managing Your Money?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

Are you a master budgeter who socks away cash for all your family’s future needs? Or, does your checking account balance whittle down faster than your kid can throw a temper tantrum at a toy store? We asked financial planners Kathleen Grace at United Capital and Douglas Goldstein, author of Rich As A King: How the Wisdom of Chess Can Make You a Grandmaster of Investing, to share some personal finance basics so you can find out if you’re on the road to riches or need to call a financial planner stat!

Take the CafeMom Quiz now to find out how good, or bad, you are at managing your money!

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Your Score64%

You can balance a checkbook, but a good personal finance brush-up is definitely in order if you want your Golden Years to be truly golden.

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I got one wrong. I know the right way to do it, I just never have enougb money to do things the right way.

Callaly
by Jessica on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Your Score 55%

You can balance a checkbook, but a good personal finance brush-up is definitely in order if you want your Golden Years to be truly golden.

There were a few questions that were specific to being in the states that I got wrong..
I can't believe that I only got 55% when I am very good with finances lol

zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I got

73% Nice job! Hopefully you are putting those mad money skills to work and you are well on your way to a sound financial future.

I do the best I can, but seriously, who actually is able to save up 6 -12 months of income?

goofygalno1
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 4:14 PM

When I was single I was great at managing my money.  When I got married the first time it seemed that it went out the window.  Now I am just dealing with not enough money to pay what's coming in.  More going out than what I make sucks!!

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 6, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I answered all but 1 right and it said I got 18% hmmmm... In pretty ocd with money and spending
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)