Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Open Discussion on being our true authentic self!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:53 AM
  • 14 Replies

We always put our kids and other people before ourselves because it's the right thing to do but the same time we feel we are not truly living our true authentic self. Do you feel lost sometimes and not living the life you desire? I would love to hear other single mothers opinion.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Mom on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you feel lost sometimes and not living the life you desire?

I may have felt like this the last year of my marriage but now everything is good.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't put my kids first because its the right thing to do, I put them above myself because that is who I am.

Frances0923
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I have not lost myself. I was always a tomboy doing guy things like fishing, rollerblading etc... As soon as I gave birth to my kid, he was included in everything. Thank god I didn't have a girl, I wouldn't know what to do with her O_o

RonaH
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I feel I am true to myself now,but it wasnt easy getting there. It was a bit of a struggle to where I am today.

wise.toes
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:41 AM

actually no, i don't put everyone else before me. =)

i'm very content in my life, explore my interests and take plenty of time for me.

i don't feel lost at all. life is good! 

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure I understand the question.
wendythewriter
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I put my kids before myself, but I still find plenty of time for myself and my interests. So no, I don't feel lost. In fact, I would say that I definitely feel I am on my way to living the life I desire. There are a few things I'm looking to change to make it truly that life, but even as things stand right now, I'm pretty darn happy with my life. 

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM

I put everyone before me and it sucks. I need to learn to be selfish sometimes instead of always worrying about other people. I hate seeing family and friends go through hard times, but helping them only hurts me in the end.

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:31 AM
I know I need to go and want to go back to school but it's too hard with my kiddo right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Yes, but I'm nir a single mom anymore. I felt I did more for myself when I was.

Now I am w a man who has 3 kids and I struggle w not losing myself cuz there are so many god damn kids around here there IS no time never mind money for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)