Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you know when you're ready to start dating again?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
  • 10 Replies

Yesterday I found myself taking extra care getting ready to go on my son's field trip with him, just in case there were some single dads where we were going.  lol

How did you know?

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:20 AM

When I was comfortable with where my life was.

Frances0923
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I knew once I had enough alone time to myself, friends hounding me to get back out there, and saw every episode of lost on Netflix. It was time LOL 

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

bump I don't think I'm ready even though its been so long. My life isn't where I want it to be

Insomniacmom4
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM

You know you're ready when you see a man and think "I want some of that"...you are then ready. I spent four years single after my divorce, dated very little. One day, met who I thought was what I had been looking for...nope! lol Go slow, be careful, people are fake at first.

wise.toes
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

i don't know if i'm not ready to date, or what. i just havent felt motivated to go on a date. i've had plenty of opportunities but i'm just not interested. i have other priorities i guess. =)

Jenn8604
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:06 PM
OH about the time an old bf talked to me and told me I was still hot after having a kid. Ds was 11 mos.I knew I was going to start paying more attention to my looks. I didn't date that guy again, but just being told I was still hot gave me that confidence backm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Lol my friends and coworkers think I am I'm comfortable but I do enjoy a good flirt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2014 at 6:53 PM
I've wondered this same thing. It's been quite a while, and people are always saying I should seek companionship...or there are those that wonder if I e switched sides but only talk about it behind my back. Too funny.
LilShamrock
by Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thought I was ready, but decided to crawl back in my shell. I've contemplated foregoing dating until my daughter is grown as the guys I've encountered said they were ok with kids and only to find out that wasn't the case. Having that kind of run has sorted kicked my self esteem in the arse if you will.

Dating requires an emotional investment in yourself in not "taking it personally" and not giving a damn when things don't work out. And if you don't have that, dating can be hard.
Callaly
by Jessica on Dec. 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

about a year into seeing SO.

I met him really early into my divorce process, but I was just looking for a friend, he understood that because we have going through a break up as well. Then one day I just knew that I couldn't be without him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)