Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He married her...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Just like that. A few months after our divorce was final he married. Like our marriage meant nothing. I feel completely lost and devastated. I don't know how to get over this.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Hugs! I suggest some counseling and maybe some extra exercise and St. John's Wort. It all helps with depression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame4c
by Group Admin on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM
It will pass. Samething happened to me. Karma bites too. My x after only 3-4 yrs found his new young bride in bed with another man. Now he has 2 young kids with her and can't afford a divorce but is already dating again. Guess old habits die hard.

Me, well I'm doing good been with the same man 8 yrs and I dont see us splitting anytime soon.
DisabledVet
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Move on. Obviously marriage is nothing to him. Fell lucky you're rid of him and can either live you life alone or with someone who values marriage the way you do.

No one can make you feel any way unless you GIVE them to power to do so. He will probably do the same thing to her at some point so rejoice that you're rid of him.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I'm sorry. Since you posted under anon I have no idea what the back story is here. Feel better though.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM
My ex remarried 6 weeks after the divorce was final. Over 12 years of marriage didn't mean shit to him. The thing that helped me most was to make a list of all the things I despised about him.
skrbelly
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:01 PM
You will get over it. Time and distance. Work on yourself and you will get where you should be.
NBVP1
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:03 PM
I'm very sorry. I can't relate but I can empathize and that sounds incredibly hurtful.
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:54 PM

For about the first year or so after we split up I carried a list in my wallet of all of the things about him that I hated.  When I was really sad and depressed I would pull out the list and remind myself that even though I was sad and lonely I am so much better off without him.  I always said I would be better off alone than with someone who didn't love and respect me...and I am.  You will be too. It just takes time.  Allow yourself to grieve - for the loss of your spouse and the loss of your marriage. It will get better with time.  As for the other woman.. mine had one of those too. (though they did not end up marrying) but as I signed the divorce papers all I could think was that he was someone else's problem now.

Quoting krisnkids: My ex remarried 6 weeks after the divorce was final. Over 12 years of marriage didn't mean shit to him. The thing that helped me most was to make a list of all the things I despised about him.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Absolutely correct. Life dies go on and get better. I am happier now than I ever was when I was married. I was extremely wary of marrying again after the crap that I went through with my first marriage. Now my bf and I are talking marriage. Life is good.

Quoting Mamavelt:

For about the first year or so after we split up I carried a list in my wallet of all of the things about him that I hated.  When I was really sad and depressed I would pull out the list and remind myself that even though I was sad and lonely I am so much better off without him.  I always said I would be better off alone than with someone who didn't love and respect me...and I am.  You will be too. It just takes time.  Allow yourself to grieve - for the loss of your spouse and the loss of your marriage. It will get better with time.  As for the other woman.. mine had one of those too. (though they did not end up marrying) but as I signed the divorce papers all I could think was that he was someone else's problem now.

Quoting krisnkids: My ex remarried 6 weeks after the divorce was final. Over 12 years of marriage didn't mean shit to him. The thing that helped me most was to make a list of all the things I despised about him.

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Hugs I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)