Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lawyer problems

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

So me and the baby's father have lawyers. He didn't want to do any paperwork like a parenting plan without meeting with both our lawyers. But his lawyer keeps telling him that my lawyer made a mistake in the paperwork and it needs to be fixed before we can meet to do anything else. The BD told me that the mistakes where with the petitioner and respondent being switched and some numbers were missing. My lawyer kept telling me that there was no mistake. She is now off for the holidays. So I looked at the initial petition (done by the BD) and the counterclaim me and my lawyer did. My question is, if he was the initial petitioner and I was the respondent, then on all following paper work would I still be the respondent? Like even if I am proposing something else, would I still list myself as respondent? Because that is how it is on the paperwork and he is saying it is wrong but my lawyer is saying it isn't. I did see some of the formatting was messed up, like the numbering of things but that is minor. I will still have that fixed. But my main concern is the petitioner, respondent thing. 

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
brieri
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Yes, you will always be the respondent from the initial setting.

Zipcrystal
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Then why would his lawyer tell my lawyer to change it?

Quoting brieri:

wise.toes
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:55 PM

yes you would still be the respondent.

is his lawyer fresh out of law school or somethign? minor errors are rarely cared about. hell all our names in our paperwork are misspelled! lol

brieri
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Zipcrystal:

Then why would his lawyer tell my lawyer to change it?

Quoting brieri:

I don't think his lawyer is telling your lawyer to change it.  You are getting the vibes from your ex - as what I am reading in your OP.

I answered  your question as to what you are during the case - you will always be the Respondent regardless if your making the proposal or counterclaiming from the initial point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)