• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

demoted what now!?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:59 PM
  • 22 Replies
Ok so last Thursday i got demoted from my position which was wrong because i did what i was supposed to, well i went for a drug test friday for a better paying job but in the mean time using fmla to take care of my son i just want to know is it jumping the gun quitting one job just because of an unfair act and hopefully getting this other one?
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Only if that job doesn't pay you more than what you were getting at the old one. But if getting another job makes things easier, or less stressful, why not?
pricemp2012
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:06 PM
This job that i went to drug test for pays 10 dollars more than the one i ot demoted from
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:22 PM
I would say that it's a no brain er except for the fmla. You won't qualify at your new job for fmla until you've been there a year. Why were you demoted?
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Are you using the other job for a reference? 

ame4c
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:31 PM
I Dont think your jumping the gun at all. I keep my resume up to date all the time and ready to hand out to anyone that might have a better position. I love my job I have now but you never know when something better will come along.
pricemp2012
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:54 PM
Well see i got demoted because i supposively didnt do my job right but i followed procedures all the way through and honestly i think i was just used as a back up until the lady came back from her maternity leave which sucked because i really loved my job.
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:03 PM
Nope. If nother opportunity arises, jump on it! $10 is a big difference.
woodstock525
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not quit your current job unless and until you have secured a new one.  Since you're on FMLA at your current position, you can get hired and wait until the day you start your new job to quit the old one.  In this day and age though, and having served on some search committees, people do wonder about a candidate who has been out of the work force for any length of time.

LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:44 PM
I would wait until you have the other job secured before you quit you don't want to be left jobless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:11 AM

I wouldn't quit until I had another job lined up. I suggest you continue looking until you receive an offer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)