Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is not quite what i expected

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM
  • 41 Replies
So i have been talking to this guy for almost three months now he just got out of jail been locked up for ten years for burglary but he has made a huge impact on my life and the kids he has met my parents (they dont know he went to jail) he is in college has a job now he has made me more happy in the short time i have been with him than the five years I was with my ex so ladies tell me how do you know if the man you are with is the one?
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ame4c
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:27 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow... I'm not sure quit how to comment on that. You already know the 10 yrs in jail is not a good thing or you wouldn't have kept that info from your parents. You do know that they will find out and its not going to be good.

3 months and already met your kid too. IDK I didn't let anyone meet my kids until I knew for sure we were going to be more than casual daters.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
One requirement is history. Just getting out of jail after 10 years is a no brain er. Why don't your parents know that he was in prison for burglary? 10 years is a long time for a burglary sentence. Don't take his word for "what he was charged with". Look it up for yourself.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:49 PM
5 moms liked this

One way You will know he is the one when you have nothing to hide about him.

pricemp2012
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:15 PM
I know but my parents are always so negative about my life even when it is good news and i wanted him to tell them that he was in prison and yes he was apart of something i forgot what he said which made since on why he went to jail that long but i do see good in him
wise.toes
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM

10 YEARS in prison is a SERIOUS sentence. 

did you google records to confirm what he said he did? i know i would. 

you'd think you'd remember what he said he went in for. 3 months with this guy is not enough time. take it very, very slow.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:27 PM
Take off the rose colored glasses and look at it if you had a daughter bringing home a guy that was in prison for 10 years. And remember. He was in PRISON. Not jail. You don't go to jail for 10 years for burglary.

Quoting pricemp2012: I know but my parents are always so negative about my life even when it is good news and i wanted him to tell them that he was in prison and yes he was apart of something i forgot what he said which made since on why he went to jail that long but i do see good in him
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Three months with a guy is not enough time.
pricemp2012
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:11 PM
I was going for a background check on him but didn't have the money and he did say because he didn't stop the other guy he was with from hurting innocent people is whyhe served 10 years and he knows if he touch's any of my kids he is as good as dead and the funny thing is my dad knows his whole side of the family already
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Unless he lost touch with the whole side of his family your father should know that he was in prison and pretty much the whole story about it.

If it bothers you that your parents are negative about men you are interested in  it's just because they are parents and they just care and want someone who is better for you. (Not that it means he can't change).

Quoting pricemp2012: I was going for a background check on him but didn't have the money and he did say because he didn't stop the other guy he was with from hurting innocent people is whyhe served 10 years and he knows if he touch's any of my kids he is as good as dead and the funny thing is my dad knows his whole side of the family already
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:24 AM

I'm not sure how you know someone is 'the one'.

I think you need to take a step back and slow things down a little. Letting anyone around your kids so soon isn't a good idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)