Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever have dreams, or nightmares, about your ex?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:37 AM
  • 23 Replies

The other night I was having weird dreams and while I don't remember much of them, I do remember that in them my ex was even more of an idiot than I remember him being.  Doing stupid things, not thinking about consequences, etc.  

Do you ever have dreams, good or bad, about your ex?

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:04 AM

No

ame4c
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:08 AM
I have nightmares about an abusive guy I dated in high school. They dont happen so much anymore but I still have one every now and then.

I dont dream about my x husband but he is a pussy cat. Just likes to cheat with much younger women. I guess he's too much of a lover.

I dream about my SO all the time though but I better keep it PG :)
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Ugh, I'm sorry you have those nightmares!  No one wants to relive that, not even in their dreams. :(

Quoting ame4c: I have nightmares about an abusive guy I dated in high school. They dont happen so much anymore but I still have one every now and then. I dont dream about my x husband but he is a pussy cat. Just likes to cheat with much younger women. I guess he's too much of a lover. I dream about my SO all the time though but I better keep it PG :)

ame4c
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I'm told its fairly normal. I have slight PTSD from it too. It just certain triggers. Once you know what they are you can avoid them. It took me awhile to learn to deal with.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Ugh, I'm sorry you have those nightmares!  No one wants to relive that, not even in their dreams. :(

Quoting ame4c: I have nightmares about an abusive guy I dated in high school. They dont happen so much anymore but I still have one every now and then.

I dont dream about my x husband but he is a pussy cat. Just likes to cheat with much younger women. I guess he's too much of a lover.

I dream about my SO all the time though but I better keep it PG :)

taylorsmom1987
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Yes i have had all types of dreams about my daughter's father good and bad not as much anymore

Frances0923
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM
My son's father no. A prior ex yes.
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jan. 15, 2015 at 2:26 AM

Occasionally. It's usually us doing something with ds

Msmom1104
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 2:36 AM
I had a dream about my ex the other night. It was the first time ever. He was so thoughtful, kind, and loving in my dream....the total opposite of what he's like in real life. I wish he could be the way he was in my dream. Not for me, I'm happily married and adore my dh, but for my dd's sake. My ex is a shitty dad. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2015 at 2:54 AM
I just dreamt about my ex last night. I was so in love with him when we were together. We had a romeo and Juliet thing going on lol. We were teens and my parents despised him. We were together all through high school we had big plans of marriage and a wonderful life. It didn't work out but I still talk to him every now and then. I love my husband to death and we have an amazing marriage and I would never do anything to hurt him but I still have feelings for my ex. I often dream about my ex and I still being with each other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2015 at 3:15 AM
Same here... :/

Quoting Anonymous 1: I just dreamt about my ex last night. I was so in love with him when we were together. We had a romeo and Juliet thing going on lol. We were teens and my parents despised him. We were together all through high school we had big plans of marriage and a wonderful life. It didn't work out but I still talk to him every now and then. I love my husband to death and we have an amazing marriage and I would never do anything to hurt him but I still have feelings for my ex. I often dream about my ex and I still being with each other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)