Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm just giving up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Yes, I have given up on men certainly for time being. 

I have had a couple of unsuccessful relationships following marriage break-up and have been celibate for 3 years now!! I guess I have just got sick of having to look at internet dating sites or pester friends to introduce me to people. The whole process is pretty soul destroying and seems very undignified at my age (early 40s). My kids give me all the love and cuddles I need at the moment, but there are times when I think I don't want to be on my own forever and need to start trying again. Then I think about how fat and unattractive I have become and the whole things fills me with dread. Also going out on dates costs money which I am fairly short of. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:49 AM
3 moms liked this

A man is not necessary for happiness. And one who is not going to accept you as you are and holding his money while you spend your money is not worth your time.

Karen24
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:44 AM
4 moms liked this
There is so much pressure out there to date and "couple up". If you don't want to put yourself out there then don't, and don't feel guilty about it. It's your life; your decision. Focus on what makes YOU happy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being single.
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I am in the same boat but as far as the money thing, a guy should pay for the first couple dates esp if you do inexpensive things. Don't let people tell you to split it. If a guy is interested he will ask you out and pay.

In the meantime just enjoy your kids

ame4c
by Group Admin on Feb. 24, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Agreed! I would also like to add OP you are trying too hard. Relax and let it happen. You are happy on your own so if a man comes along to share it with that is just the cherry on the sundae (not needed but is nice).

Quoting virginiamama71:

A man is not necessary for happiness. And one who is not going to accept you as you are and holding his money while you spend your money is not worth your time.

BusyBee123abc
by on Feb. 24, 2015 at 8:52 PM

I feel you sister

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Feb. 28, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Find things you anjoy doing by yourself and with your kids. You don't need a man to be happy

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Feb. 28, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Eactly. Ignore what everyone says and do what's right for you

Quoting Karen24: There is so much pressure out there to date and "couple up". If you don't want to put yourself out there then don't, and don't feel guilty about it. It's your life; your decision. Focus on what makes YOU happy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being single.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2015 at 7:58 PM

I know exactly how you feel; I have had a roller coaster the last three years and I am exhausted. I actually started dating, well went right into a relationship for 6 months this past June. I was devastated when the relationship ended. Now I feel awful, ugly, fat & old. Trying the dating site, Single Parents Meet, has been a horrible experience thus far. I just wish sometimes I could find someone to go to an adult dinner & movie with. Sigh.

ame4c
by Group Admin on Mar. 1, 2015 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Internet dating can get frustrating if you let it. It is very much like going to a bar to hookup. Only about 1 out of 10 profiles you look at will even be worth considering. The trick is to treat it like grocery shopping. Create a list and know exactly what you want. This will keep you from being tempted by all the crappy ones that will never work. Don't be afraid to put things in your profile you want such as "long term relationship" and "no booty calls". Oh and "must have reliable job". I personally added "must have kids". I had a lot of trouble with men that didn't have kids. They didn't understand my struggles of being a single mom and generally wanted to have kids. I was unable to do that so it was tough. I did however find Mr Wright online but it took sometime.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I know exactly how you feel; I have had a roller coaster the last three years and I am exhausted. I actually started dating, well went right into a relationship for 6 months this past June. I was devastated when the relationship ended. Now I feel awful, ugly, fat & old. Trying the dating site, Single Parents Meet, has been a horrible experience thus far. I just wish sometimes I could find someone to go to an adult dinner & movie with. Sigh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)