Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you watch soaps?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you watch any soaps that are still on daytime TV?

I grew up watching GH, OLTL, and AMC and I watched Days of our Lives off and on for a few years. I still watch General Hospital (thank goodness for DVR).

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:34 PM
No I don't.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:39 PM

I grew up watching the same soap operas. I stopped watching over 10 years ago.

Are Luke and Laura still on GH?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM

I watch GH too, have for as long as I can remember.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:50 PM
I grew up watching AMC, OLTL & GH too. I also watched Days of Our Lives for a few years as well. I stopped watching after Kristen and all of her personalities left. I haven't watched GH in a while now. I would be lost if I caught an episode.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Remember when Vicki would flip into Nicki on OLTL?

I would be lost too trying to watch any of these.

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900: I grew up watching AMC, OLTL & GH too. I also watched Days of Our Lives for a few years as well. I stopped watching after Kristen and all of her personalities left. I haven't watched GH in a while now. I would be lost if I caught an episode.

Gianna2014
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:58 PM

The only one I ever watched was Guiding Light, when I was in middle school and high school with my mom and sister. I moved out before it went off the air, but my mom mourned the show ending the way she would a death in the family. 

I was a huge Gus and Harley fan, though, at the time.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:00 PM
I loved the Vicki/Nicki story.
I tried to get back into GH when Robin came back from the dead at her husband's wedding. I cried when her daughter yelled MOMMY! Loved the flashbacks of her when she was a little girl. But since Robin and Patrick didn't get back together, I stopped watching.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Remember when Vicki would flip into Nicki on OLTL?

I would be lost too trying to watch any of these.

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900: I grew up watching AMC, OLTL & GH too. I also watched Days of Our Lives for a few years as well. I stopped watching after Kristen and all of her personalities left. I haven't watched GH in a while now. I would be lost if I caught an episode.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:03 PM
Omg, really? I thought I was the only one that cried when my shows end. ;)
My oldest son couldn't believe I cried when Desperate Housewives ended.

Quoting Gianna2014:

The only one I ever watched was Guiding Light, when I was in middle school and high school with my mom and sister. I moved out before it went off the air, but my mom mourned the show ending the way she would a death in the family. 

squeekers
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:14 PM

nope. DH watched the GH episode of Luke & Laura getting married. But that was years and years ago.

Gianna2014
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Not only did she cry (a lot), she stayed in bed for 2 days. 

I could believe it and couldn't all at the same time lol.

And honestly, the show sucked at the end. I know she still watches it's heyday on youtube.

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900: Omg, really? I thought I was the only one that cried when my shows end. ;) My oldest son couldn't believe I cried when Desperate Housewives ended.
Quoting Gianna2014:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)