Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mad at my ex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I asked my Ex (Kids dad) to pay for our daughters sewing class. (she loves it so much) Its 50 dollars and I've been paying it since january. I asked if he could pay it and I'll give him the money back on 3/13 I had to fix my car so I'm unable to pay for it this week and its due on the first class of the month. He said NO, I asked if maybe he could do half he is ignoring my text which means No. 

I have posted a few things for sale to help pay for it, and my boyfriend asked why I was selling some stuff he knows I like. I told him and he wants to give me the money to pay for it. Its not his job to help pay for it its her dad. 

Before you bash me NO I don't get child support. The way we had it set up we split custody 50/50 Now its more like 80(me)/20. I work full time and if my boyfriend helps I'm paying him back on the 13th. Also their dad makes more then enough to help pay for her class. He makes more then I do and I normally can pay it. NO I'm not on any assistance (this seems to always be a question)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:27 PM

I would just ask the bf to pay but not sure why he needs it back. I understand he is a bf not the child's father but it shouldn't be an issue to ask him for money. A man who loves a woman will always help her and ask for nothing back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:32 PM

He wouldnt let me pay him back. I want to becuase its not his responsiblity and he has his own bills. I'm more upset that my bf is offering to help and her dad wont :( 

Quoting virginiamama71:

I would just ask the bf to pay but not sure why he needs it back. I understand he is a bf not the child's father but it shouldn't be an issue to ask him for money. A man who loves a woman will always help her and ask for nothing back.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Don't let this upset you. Get your car fixed. If you have some money left add it to what you get from what you sell. If you are still short your bf will help you. The class will be paid for and your daughter will be happy. And that's the important part, making our children happy.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

He wouldnt let me pay him back. I want to becuase its not his responsiblity and he has his own bills. I'm more upset that my bf is offering to help and her dad wont :( 

Quoting virginiamama71:

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:43 PM
My fiance has from day 1 been more active in my kids lives than their own dad. My 17 yo was playing a sport that his kids were playing as well. He bought his kids what they needed. My son bought his own gear. My son wanted to upgrade his gear but didn't have the funds. My then bf gave me the funds to get him the upgrades. Some men are worth the time and energy we put into them. Others aren't worth the typing.
ame4c
by Group Admin on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Go get child support. No reason not too.
brieri
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

That's ashame father won't help pay for something a child enjoys doing.  Perhaps asking your daughter to ask dad for the money, she can explain to him why it's so important that she attend.  I also don't think father should be reimbursed because your daughter is related to him. If he still budges, then by all means take the advice from your b/f - pay him back if you want or take him out to dinner for the wonderful gesture.

mona165
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
What one man wont do, another will...

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting virginiamama71:

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Mar. 5, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Take the money from your bf so that your dd can take the class. If you feel weird letting him pay for it then find a way to spend the $50 on him when you do have it. It's messed up that her dad won't help, but he obviously isn't willing to step up and help.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 10:25 AM
I would return to court to adjust the custody schedule since he obviously ony wanted 50/50 to get out of support and add that all extracurricular be split.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Who put her in the class? If you signed her up for it you should pay for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)