Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why now?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Okay, so I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant, single.. the baby's dad and I were dating for a while, had what I thought was something really special, we were even TRYING for a baby. I went on vacation and he left me for his ex.. I found out the next day I was pregnant, and told him a few days later and he told me he'd be there for the baby, a few days later he decided he was going to relinquish his rights.. because "It'd destroy her to see the baby" but even during this he'd spread rumors about me while I was still gone and blocked my number telling me to get an abortion. Shortly after I got back I was in a car accident and needed a ride to the hospital because I was cramping and bleeding, so I asked him.. He said that he didn't care but if I lost it he wanted proof.. Fast forward to a few days ago (mind you it's been a month since we've talked, or I talked and he'd stand and shrug or nod or stupid bs) and 3 months since he'd blocked my number (we worked together btw, I just quit a few weeks ago) He's started talking to me again and decided he WANTS to be in the baby's life.. She dumped him, but he wouldn't go to the ultrasound because "That's your boyfriends job and I'll never be your boyfriend because I fucked it up" and he gets all bent out of shape because I don't text back quickly.. he's saying that he'll come visit baby until we can get 50/50 but he's out of his looney mind if he expects 50/50. I was completely prepared to never have to worry about this baby having an in and out dad but now I guess I have to and it's freaking me out. I don't want him to be there because I know he'll hurt this baby emotionally..

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:53 PM
It sounds like his involvement will all depends on if he's single or not. Only talk to him about the baby and keep conversation to a minimum. It sounds like he may be trying to find a way to get you to forgive him and be with him.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Why at all? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM

There's no chance in hell of that happening, He's hurt me enough and shown his true colors. We're supposed to meet up on Monday to discuss the baby.. NOT looking forward to it!

Quoting cjsmom1: It sounds like his involvement will all depends on if he's single or not. Only talk to him about the baby and keep conversation to a minimum. It sounds like he may be trying to find a way to get you to forgive him and be with him.

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Turn your phone off. Let him go through the courts.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:06 PM

He sounds like a very immature man.  While he needs to grow up, he's still this baby's father though and he will have rights, like it or not.  It's up to him whether he exercises those rights or not. (((hug)))

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:48 AM

Why are you meeting up? I would keep contact to aminimum with him. I'd let him know about upcoming appointments and that's it. I would communicate as much as possible through text and email that way you have record of everything that was said.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

There's no chance in hell of that happening, He's hurt me enough and shown his true colors. We're supposed to meet up on Monday to discuss the baby.. NOT looking forward to it!

Quoting cjsmom1: It sounds like his involvement will all depends on if he's single or not. Only talk to him about the baby and keep conversation to a minimum. It sounds like he may be trying to find a way to get you to forgive him and be with him.

143myboys9496
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:50 AM

This:

Quoting Lunarprancer: Turn your phone off. Let him go through the courts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)