Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
so how do you potty train your baby without a man in the house?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Why does a man need to be in the house to potty train?

Frances0923
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:11 PM
I had ExDH in the house but he didn't contribute to any potty training. I took away the diaper and ran after his butt for a week wipibg pee and poop lol.
DDDaysh
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would a man matter?

I potty trained my son by taking away pickups at about 2.5 after realizing he was physically able just uninclined to stop playing. He was potty trained in a few weeks that way. In the meantime, I did alot of laundry!

Before starting this, I spent about $50 at Wal-Mart on toddler undies and those 2.99 cloth shorts and shirts that "mix and match" so we'd have plenty of changes available for daycare and at home.
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It's my understanding that everyone urinates, one doesn't need to have a penis to teach a tot to pee in a toilet.
AnewMom225
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It shouldn't matter if a man is or isn't in my household train my daughter to potty. It's a challenge & lots of patience!
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:13 AM

When ds was first potty training we sat him on the toilet so we'd sit him on the toilet every half an hour. We'd offer lots of praise when he went on the potty and bought him cool big boy underwear. He was fully trained during the day by two. His dad did teach him to pee standing up but I've heard throwing a cheerio in the toilet and telling the kid to aim works well. You don't need a man to potty train a boy.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this
This same questioned crossed my mind. GENERALLY speaking, some people think you MUST have a man in the home to teach boys specific things. Ideally, it would be nice if men were in the home to do these things; but they're not and that doesn't women can't teach their boys.

I taught my son the same way I taught my daughter. They both sat down on the toilet. Eventually you graduate to standing up.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Why does a man need to be in the house to potty train?

slt1680
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

um....what does a man have to do with potty training?

i did it the same way i would have done it had a man been in the house...

what a dumb question...

kfrog13
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:23 PM

I trained my boy no problem. I grew up with brothers. I know how it works. I even was the one to teach him how to pee on trees/bushes. LOL. He's 3.5 so sometimes he sits and sometimes he stands. Only issue I have is when I'm out alone with him and he want to use a urinal.

ame4c
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this
LOL most men can't hit the toilet anyway why would you want them to teach potty training?

Quoting quickbooksworm: It's my understanding that everyone urinates, one doesn't need to have a penis to teach a tot to pee in a toilet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)