Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce then Dating

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
How long was it after your divorce did you feel ready to date?
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angl_gurl1
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:07 PM

i started dating right after my ex husband ran out on me

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:15 AM

It took a couple years before I felt ready to start dating. Its been almost 6 years and I haven't dated anyone, but I don't have time too. I'm open to dating but not actively looking.

twinlawdiva
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Final- about 6 months. We had been separated for about 20 months though. I think it was best because I knew I was definitely "over" him and was way less bitter/angry/upset. I was in a good place to start dating again.

kfrog13
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:20 PM

I actually wasn't planning on dating until after the divorce, but I have just about 2 months left and we've been separated for 2 years with a short 3-4 month reconciliation. It's now almost a year since that ended. I'm not looking to settle down anytime soon, but I definitely wanted to get out and meet people. I spent a lot of time on myself and what I wanted. I'm now feeling more comfortable about holding my own. If that changes, I'll take a break and reevaluate.

ame4c
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:35 PM
It was a year.

They say on average it takes 1 yr for every 5 married. I haven't met anyone yet that waited that long. I did meet a few that probably should have. The thing is you need to be comfortable living on your own before you go and try to be a couple again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:38 PM
It was about 2 years. I have never remarried although I was engaged once.
I give friends advice of waiting 2 years
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:21 PM

I was finally read to date after about a year. It is not 2 years and I still do not have a BF. Remember there are kids likely involved, they don't need to know either parent is dating this soon.

sid1083
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM

I started dating before my divorce was final (I was childless at the time though). When BD left though (never married), I waited about a year before entertaining dating. It's been 4 years and still nothing serious.

tazzeetwins
by on Mar. 18, 2015 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

We've been separated for 7 years and just going through the divorce now. Because of my own personal beliefs, I wouldn't even consider it until recently. I've started looking to see who is out there but I'm still not ready to actually be with anybody. At this point, my stbx broke my heart so badly that all I'm really thinking of is someone for companionship, nothing serious. I also need to be careful since I have 8-year-old daughters and I don't want to send them any messages that casual sex is okay.

musicpisces
by on Mar. 21, 2015 at 1:43 PM

I only left 2 months ago, and I have a lot of healing before I'd be good for anyone.

My ex moved on a month ago, and this chick is practically living with him already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)