• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

So I'm 40, divorced and have 2 children.

I share custody with my ex so I have my free time.

I joined a dating website called Plenty of Fish.  Anyone else?
So far I have to say the men on there are NUTS!  lol
I've met a few nice ones, but we didn't click.
I've also met some men that just don't have time to date, are looking to just get laid, or don't know what they want.  
I think it's a real shame you go onto this dating website and say what you are looking for, they say what they are looking for, but most of the time it is unrealistic.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried the dating sights.  If not, how do you put yourself out there to meet people and date?  
None of my friends ever offer to "hook" me up with someone they know, which is fine because that could get awkward. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Plenty of Fish is really just a hook up site LOL
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Yep all dating sites will have the guys that jsut want to get laid, or they are cheating on someone. Weed out the idiots. Be picky and selective. If a guy starts talking sex before you even meet or send you a pic of hios junk stop contact. POF I got nothing but older men I am 42 but date my age or younger, I had to go in my settings an block guys over 45 from being able to contact me. Just have fun with it. Plan a short date just to get acquainted. coffee, a drink, no drawn out dates.  

ame4c
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep POF is just for one nighters. Sex and done relationships.

If you want more serious you will need to check out the ones that charge a fee. Even then your going to find a lot of people who are not worthy.

I found my SO on true.com. personally I didn't like eharmony or chemistry. com but have heard others that did. I didn't mind match.com but I think it's merged with chemistry now. I'm not sure it's been awhile.

The thing to remember about online dating is you need to know what you want almost down to how many freckles they have and then don't compromise on anything. This is the only way you can narrow it down and find one worth dating. Now I'm being sarcastic of course but I think you get what I mean.

Quoting randi1978: Plenty of Fish is really just a hook up site LOL
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I've hear MANY negative things about that site. As my male friend put it "its a great way for women to solicit themselves and get benefits". (Benefits meaning Army benefits). Lol.

What about speed dating?! I think it's the in thing now. A lot different from speed dating in the 1800s. Take a friend with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 6:42 PM
POF is a hook up site in my experience. I will never go on that one again.
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Tinder is fun and often used for hookups but there are a lot of guys on it. A lot if younger too.
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on May. 6, 2015 at 1:50 AM

From my experience most users on plenty of fish are only looking for sex. i am in my 20's so that may be why that's all I found. As a pp said a site you have to pay for might have more people looking for a relationship.

brieri
by on May. 6, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Anonymous who ever you are - try Date hook up.  It's almost set up like CM .  Best free site, in my opionion.   

BIMOM21
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 2:04 AM
This. It's how I met my SO.

Quoting brieri:

Anonymous who ever you are - try Date hook up.  It's almost set up like CM .  Best free site, in my opionion.   

Shai4710
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2015 at 6:40 AM
I'd meet people in person. This way you truly know what you are getting. Dating sites are crap imo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)