Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating Sites, FWB

Posted by on May. 24, 2015 at 5:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

What  dating sites does anyone use? Are you ok with just FWB too?  

I went on one and stayed on it started to talk to a few men but they just seem to want FWB. Has anyone been on Adult Friend Finder. Some man asked me  why I was on a sex site. I didn't think about it that way even though it says Hook Up, Find sex ot meet someone hot now. I think I am chasing these guys off, but I don't know why. How have you handled a one night stand if you had one, Do u not contact them after?  I would like to hear what others have done and how you handle it.  

by on May. 24, 2015 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:12 PM

I'd much rather try to find someone to hang out with than to date or to have sex with at this point. 

by Group Admin on May. 24, 2015 at 9:59 PM
FWB can be nice if you can separate that from your feelings. I did it for a bit because I just wasn't ready for a serious relationship. But when I was ready I dropped all that.

The site I met my SO on was We've been together for 8 yrs now. I had tried POF (hook ups) and Eharmony (wasn't impressed) and (this one was ok). I found the paid sites would have more people interested in dating and not just "hook-ups".

Online dating can be frustrating because it opens lots of doors, many you won't want to walk through. You have to remember that when there are many options there will be lots of bad ones. Know what you want and don't compromise, otherwise online dating won't work for you.
by on May. 24, 2015 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont do FWB its trashy
by Group Admin on May. 25, 2015 at 12:30 AM

I've had one fwb. I've known him for years and it's an arrangemet we're both ok with. I wouldn't sleep around with a bunch of different guys.

Like a pp said a lot of people on the free websites are only looking for sex

by on May. 25, 2015 at 9:26 PM

I've had 2 fwb. Both exes that turned into it. The first, we dated for 2 months and then broke up becuase he was scared of my kids. Then it turned into fwb for 6 months or so until we both found other relationships. We still talk and text occasionally. He's a great guy. Then my other one I dated for 2 months. We have nothing in common but the sex is absolutely amazing. So I know I will never fall in love with this guy- he's just not my type, personality-wise. So I'm totally fine just hooking up whenever he's in town (he lives out of town). After this last break up of mine, I'm about ready to just stick with the fwb guy for a while. He isn't looking for a relationship and I know he sleeps with other people too, but as long as we are safe I'm fine with that.

by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2015 at 9:41 PM

ive had a one night stand once and had no intention of ever contacting that person again. when i left he actually got my number from a mutal friend and it kinda turned into a fling. ive also had FWB and it was with my best friend, when we didnt have anyone and needed some love we would turn to each other. and still remainded good pals and didnt get jealous when we had serious relationships. it worked for us.

by on May. 26, 2015 at 2:22 PM
Had 2 fwb . One was an ex and it didnt work out . Another was a guy I met on match , we went out , but just became "friends" . He is a nice guy . We usuallly woukd go out to eat and then.......But ive been with a new guy for almost a year now and of course have not seen him since .
by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 11:00 PM

Here is a list of the best fwb sites online. has reviewed 10 dating apps and sites for finding Friends with Benefits Relationships.

by Kendra on Dec. 10, 2017 at 11:30 PM
I met my long term guy on POF. You have to weed out the hooks ups, FWB and crazies if you don’t want those!
by Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 1:33 PM

I stay far far away from dating sites. 

I recently got back on OK Cupid and within 2 hours uninstalled it from my phone. I had something like 30 new likes and 20 or so new messages within the 2 hours. 

It was horrible. 

I had  a FWB but it changed..... 

by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 2:05 PM
Most dating sites you have to Wade through a lot of jerks that are just looking for sex. If you want a real relationship it's extremely hard. I would never do it again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)