Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Financial issues with husband to be.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
I get married next month. My fiancé was evicted two years ago before we met. The company that evicted him filed to have his income garnished. My fiancé also hasn't paid child support for his children from his first marriage in almost a year, so that is adding up. He is a wonderful man. I am happy he chose me, but there seems to be financial issues in his life. I can't postpone the wedding, because it is already locked in. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyHeartDA
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:49 AM
7 moms liked this
How can you think he is wonderful and he doesn't help support his own kids? I understand getting evicted, stuff happens, but I would see not helping support his first family as a big red flag! Just being honest.
TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:27 AM
4 moms liked this
I would not get married. I would rather cut my losses with the wedding expenses than marry someone who seems nice bit has a shady past. Why are you getting married to someone you've known for less than two years? If he isn't supporting his kids what makes you think he'll be a good match for you? What about the way he handles his finances? Do you realize most marriages end because of financial reasons?
DisabledVet
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:46 AM

I wouldn't marry him unless I was in charge of the finances. What are his reasons for not paying his bills? I also wouldn't have a joint anything with him. He'll ruin your credit. He'd have to give me his check and sit with me while we pay bills. It's like anything, some people simply don't know how.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:51 AM
That is a good idea. I am frugal and a saver.
He won't pay child support because he hasn't been able to see the kids in almost 10 years. Before the job he has now the state garnished his wages for child support. He didn't pay by choice.
He was wrongly evicted and refused to pay that.

Quoting DisabledVet:

I wouldn't marry him unless I was in charge of the finances. What are his reasons for not paying his bills? I also wouldn't have a joint anything with him. He'll ruin your credit. He'd have to give me his check and sit with me while we pay bills. It's like anything, some people simply don't know how.

SaskMummy
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this
He sounds like a loser.
SaskMummy
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Does he not know he still has to pay child support weither he sees the kids or not.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That is a good idea. I am frugal and a saver.
He won't pay child support because he hasn't been able to see the kids in almost 10 years. Before the job he has now the state garnished his wages for child support. He didn't pay by choice.

Quoting DisabledVet:

Shannon0527
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:33 AM

I wouldn't get married. That's for sure.

Hiker11
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
He seems to have a lot of excuses. How old are the kids? Why hasn't he seen them in 10 years? If something happens to the mother and he gets full custody, would you be willing to be a step mother?

Quoting Anonymous 1: That is a good idea. I am frugal and a saver.

Quoting DisabledVet:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:59 AM
How was he wrongly evicted? Where are the children? Why hasn't he tried going to court to get visits? I would not be interested in someone who is not taking care of their children.
Quoting Anonymous 1: That is a good idea. I am frugal and a saver. He won't pay child support because he hasn't been able to see the kids in almost 10 years. Before the job he has now the state garnished his wages for child support. He didn't pay by choice. He was wrongly evicted and refused to pay that.
Quoting DisabledVet:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:04 AM
You'll need to continue to be frugal and be a saver to be with this guy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)