Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your children have a stepmom?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM
  • 47 Replies

If so, how do you feel about her? Do you like her? Is she good to your kids? 

My oldest son had a stepmom for most of his growing up years. I couldn't stand her, but tolerated her (there were various reasons why I didn't like the woman, she was neglectful and very lazy). After she allowed my 7 year old son to go off bike riding with his cousins, who then ditched him in an area of town he really didn't know, I was furious. That was the last straw for me, and I was unable to keep my contempt for the woman to myself after that.

My son's dad finally divorced her about 5 years ago. He's now engaged to someone new, but I haven't met her.

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Yup, ex remarried the nanny.

ame4c
by Group Admin on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:08 AM
My X married his mistress 30 days after our divorce and didn't invite the kids to the wedding just told them later. The kids were furious and always hated her. They are still legally married but he lives with another woman now. I guess old habits are hard to break. I heard he came home early one night and caught his wife in bed with another man. Karma can be nasty mean.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:13 AM

no my exh and I believe our child only needs a step parent if the other has abandoned him, has a medical condition and cannot care for him, or has passed on. 

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:19 AM

To me that is weird. I get that kids come first (to an extent) but not to move on with your life after a divorce seems a little overboard. Just curious, what is your reasoning?

Quoting virginiamama71:

no my exh and I believe our child only needs a step parent if the other has abandoned him, has a medical condition and cannot care for him, or has passed on. 

Frances0923
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

No. And I shall always make sure of that {Evil laugh} 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:38 PM
You beat me to it; this was my question.

Quoting krisnkids:

To me that is weird. I get that kids come first (to an extent) but not to move on with your life after a divorce seems a little overboard. Just curious, what is your reasoning?

Quoting virginiamama71:

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

No and I hope my kids never do. Neither my ex or I have dated anyone serious since our divorce. I was his second marriage I doubt he will get remarried again but you never know.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:58 PM

I have no interest to marry again anytime soon and my exh if he has someone now he keeps it to himself. we prefer that our child is taken care by us or if we cannot someone else in the family.

Quoting krisnkids:

Quoting virginiamama71:

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM

No but his dad has been with the same person for the last 6 years. She treats ds well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
No. If the ex ever remarries (or has a live in girlfriend), I hope she's at least sane. Readding posts on cafemom has me really really really really not looking forward to the idea. If even 1% of the crap that stepmom's post on here is true, I shudder at the idea of having to deal with one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)