Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Much More Can I Take?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

Yes I'm back. I'm the mom who went to mediation 7 months ago and am being requested that I go again. Here's a new situation - last Friday I asked my ex husband if our daughter had her flu shot yet. He said she's never had one due to her food allergies (the shot it made from eggs, she was diagnosed with an egg allergy when he was 9 months old). I told him I would make an appointment and let him know when it would be. He informed me he was hesitant about getting her a flu shot because of her allergies (she has eaten eggs before with him). I told him the allergist and another doctor said it was ok but he still wanted to do his own research. My fiance was able to get us and all of our kids into the doctor that day. I informed him of this and told him I would let him know how it went..........he CALLED the doctor office informing them that he was not ok with her getting the shot until he did more research, they put him on hold then she showed up!!! His mom even called the office (apparently she didn't realize her son was already there). After he talked to the workers at the office and was informed that the shot it made from a small amount of egg (even though I already told him that), he finally agreed. This is such a jjoke, I can't even get my daughter a flu shot without him trying to take control of the situation.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Mom on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Your exh probably asks himself the same question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be upset if I were him. He was only asking to research the flu shot. He obviously cares about her well being.be grateful that he cares enough to do the research.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Skip the flu shot this year, take a little bit of stress of yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:51 PM

How am I in the wrong for wanting our daughter to get the flu shot?

Quoting virginiamama71:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:52 PM

He had time to research it. I was able to research it just fine that day. Not sure how much time he needed.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would be upset if I were him. He was only asking to research the flu shot. He obviously cares about her well being.be grateful that he cares enough to do the research.

virginiamama71
by Mom on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM

I was replying to the title. You been posting about all these issues and I think he asks himself the same thing. Hope it all gets worked out.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

How am I in the wrong for wanting our daughter to get the flu shot?

Quoting virginiamama71:

PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

It's called co-parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:04 PM

So because I want to do something that is highly recommended by doctors and he has a problem with it, then I have to agree with what he says?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

It's called co-parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM
There isn't a time limit, is there? He showed up too. She's his daughter as well and the idea that she's only yours might be what's bringing you frustration. Take the time to discuss these things without judgement, allow the only focus to be on your daughter's well being.
He's got a good point too, the flu shot isn't for everybody so it's a good idea to do research when making the decision.
He is the one other person in this world who loves her as deeply as you do, have a little bit of faith & trust in that when making decision regarding her, it's not about who's right, it's about her and doing the best you can to coparent.
I'm a single parent, I do understand your frustration of wanting it to be the way you think it should be but there are many ways to do some thing right and there's no harm in compromising and working together for a child.
Hugs

Quoting Anonymous 1:

He had time to research it. I was able to research it just fine that day. Not sure how much time he needed.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would be upset if I were him. He was only asking to research the flu shot. He obviously cares about her well being.be grateful that he cares enough to do the research.

mrsary
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame him!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)