Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father misses vistation

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM
  • 17 Replies
Idk what to do & I just need different inputs & advice.
My sons Father is scheduled every other weekend & every Monday. My son is 2 years old, seen his father the Thursday before Halloween. I need my ex to get his son that Sunday (his weekend, halloween was my holiday given) . He used the excuse that his girlfriend would be upset with him picking up his son sunday cause of me. Monday he agreed to pick him up . Come monday his day no call no show. We got into a huge fight because he's the type to want to mess around but ghost when it comes to aiding his son. I told him off & his girlfriend sending evidence hes trying to cheat. Since then hasn't texted or called showed up for his weekends. What can I do besides writing on the calendar. What can I prove to the court I want full custody.
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Stop talking to him about this and his personal life. He knows what he should be doing.

Alisewill
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Agreed ^^. Act in question positive fashion. Only deal with things pertaining to your child. Leave his personal affairs out of it, he will respond to you better.
ame4c
by Group Admin on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:38 PM
What you do about it is your choice. My X stopped coming around a long time ago. No need for me to pay extra money to a court for full custody when his lack of parenting already gives it to me.
Rin300
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:50 PM
Don't worry about it; his loss
mrsary
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:59 PM
Get used to not having him or his drama around! Don't ever tell the new woman their man is a dog. It makes you look as if you are lying and only trying to break them up. My ex is an abusive POS. Won't tell his wife unless she asks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:06 PM
Leave him alone, don't call him. I know it's hard, but if he wants to be in his son's life then he will. It's not something you can force. Sounds like you already have full custody so take it, curiosity of your Ex and his gf.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Document everything, every phone call, text, whatever.

Stay out of his personal affairs, what he does on his time is his business not yours.

If it doesn't pertain to your child it doesn't matter.
MamaMialee
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:23 PM
Noone helped with the court part. -__-

I've been staying out of his life for 2 years this last time he let me down with our son. I had it playing nice .
As for the court I need to know if just the days missing & having the calendar marked is enough to get full custody. Because long run everything is both joint legal custody. So I know I can make those decision without his approval even when we can't communicate because of the girl friend. My son is with me bo matter what I'm just nervous going g back to court & him trying to fight when he's not even making the effort now.
MamaMialee
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:23 PM
Noone helped with the court part. -__-

I've been staying out of his life for 2 years this last time he let me down with our son. I had it playing nice .
As for the court I need to know if just the days missing & having the calendar marked is enough to get full custody. Because long run everything is both joint legal custody. So I know I can make those decision without his approval even when we can't communicate because of the girl friend. My son is with me bo matter what I'm just nervous going g back to court & him trying to fight when he's not even making the effort now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2015 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the state, county, and specific judge you get. It very very sad, but mere months away does nothing to change the court order. My ex disappeared for over a year and racked up 19 arrests in that time period, and I took him to court to change the order. All that mattered to the judge was that he was telling them in the court that from now on he would be there. Didn't matter to them about his track record and history, the court will bend over backwards to let the father stay in the child's life if the father expresses any type of interest in it. Since court,he came to visitation for about three months and then has now disappeared for the past two months. All I can do is do what I am legally required to do and be there the best I can for my son. When his dad doesn't show up we play at the park and go to get ice cream or I take him shopping for some new toys (he is almost 3). We go to the barn and say hello to the horsies, we play soccer ateam the park. His fathers absence does not need to be a detriment to him as long as I can help it. Hugs to you, I hope you find your peace and zen and find what works for you

Quoting MamaMialee: Noone helped with the court part. -__-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)