Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:00 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have two boys 6 & almost 14. Married for 15 years, together 19 years, when hubby said he didn't want to be married anymore. So learning to be mom, dad, breadwinner, navigate divorce & co-parenting, trying to loose weight & feel good about me & find my happiness.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM

Welcome to the group! How long has it been since your husband decided to disolve your marriage?

MDNJPN
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:28 PM
You will learn slowly but surely. Don't hesitate to ask for help from friends and family. Also try counseling for your own sanity. Don't forget kids emotional status either. Contact their teachers and school counselors. When I decided to file for divorce, I emailed my daughter's teacher and told her what was happening. My daughter started seeing her school counselor right away and I kept in touch with the counselor. My daughter barely had any emotional trauma whatsoever and she is still doing great!
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:52 PM

welcome to the group

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Welcome!! I have been divorced for 3 years 2 kids 11 and 7. Ex and I are civil and generally co parent well. The kids are better off if Mom and Dad get along. I too struggle with my weight I have 20-25 lbs that need to come off and meeting some friends at the gym in an hour. It will be my first time going in a few months. Staying happy and motivated is a struggle some days. It does get easier.

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2016 at 2:34 AM
Welcome!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)