Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lone Star

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hey mommy's,
I'm 26 yrs old from NY with baby #2 on the way. I am excited but a mix of other emotions because I feel alone in all this. My first is 2 btw. There's really no kind of support from family seems they too busy convincing me that I should've just gotten an abortion. I just want someone to acknowledge im trying or be some kind of positive support because these days I just feel depressed and it suckss
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ame4c
by Group Admin on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:47 AM
The moody depression stuff happens when your pregnant so don't worry. When people bring up abortion just say, "Well its a good thing your mom didn't abort you."

The nerve of some people just gets me. UGH. Keep your head high and take care of yourself. That is what's important right now. You've found the right group here. Welcome!
TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:02 AM
You're not alone. It's hard to give general advice without sounding cheesy, but whenever you need to vent this is a good place to post; all the moms are friendly here.

It's awful for them to say that. They'll be eating their own words once he/she is born.
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I conceived my 2nd son with my ex after we had divorced. His mom was actually upset that I didn't go through with terminating the pregnancy. That precious boy is now six and I'm so glad I went with my gut and had him anyway.

Family ain't always right; they just think they know what's best. If you've got a good head on your shoulders you will make your own decisions with conviction and to hell with the rest of them. It's the only way to live.

Your children are blessings; they are precious gifts. Make the best of it.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Your family knows your situation and life before I do. If you don't want negative advice change your life and make some better choices that bring positive results.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 9:22 PM

You know what's right for you, and you're the one who has to live your life - not your family!  Just because it's not what they want you to do doesn't mean it's the right choice for you.  I'm sorry they aren't being supportive for you.  They should be.

Is there anyone else you could spend more time with instead of your family?  You shouldn't have to put up with constantly being put down.  Life's short.  Surround yourself with people who contribute to it positively.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)