Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trouble sleeping/laying down

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM
  • 9 Replies
The last few weeks I have felt so restless! I lay on my right side and after a few min im in so much pain I have to switch to my left side then my left side gets uncomfy so I end up on my right again before going back to my left side. I know I can't lay on my back so I don't but I need tips on how to get used to staying on my left side and why the right causes so much pain? Has this happened to anyone else before??
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:30 PM
I do have trouble sleeping but no pain.. How old is your mattress? Have you been in an accident or anything that's causing the pain?
LImama89
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:05 PM
No no accident. I sleep on a couch at my uncle's house but maybe it's just this one because the one at my grandmother's and other couch's I never had this issue before this is the first time

Quoting ayacocca: I do have trouble sleeping but no pain.. How old is your mattress? Have you been in an accident or anything that's causing the pain?
zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 11:57 AM

I couldn't sleep comfortably on a couch for more than a nap. I need a good mattress if I don't want pain. :)

I would say it's the couch that is causing you pain.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Sleeping on the couch while pregnant can be uncomfortable. Is there another bed in the home?

Quoting LImama89: No no accident. I sleep on a couch at my uncle's house but maybe it's just this one because the one at my grandmother's and other couch's I never had this issue before this is the first time
Quoting ayacocca: I do have trouble sleeping but no pain.. How old is your mattress? Have you been in an accident or anything that's causing the pain?

LImama89
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:54 PM
Nope @virginiamama71 unfortunately not it's either the couch or the floor

Quoting virginiamama71:

Sleeping on the couch while pregnant can be uncomfortable. Is there another bed in the home?

Quoting LImama89: No no accident. I sleep on a couch at my uncle's house but maybe it's just this one because the one at my grandmother's and other couch's I never had this issue before this is the first time

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:58 PM

I hope you get your own place and bed soon.

Quoting LImama89: Nope @virginiamama71 unfortunately not it's either the couch or the floor
Quoting virginiamama71:

LImama89
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 7:18 PM
@virginamama71 That's what I'm tryna do I hope so to cuz I'm tired of going to bed and waking up in pain everyday I'm gonna go nuts

Quoting virginiamama71:

I hope you get your own place and bed soon.

Quoting LImama89: Nope @virginiamama71 unfortunately not it's either the couch or the floor
Quoting virginiamama71:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 24, 2016 at 10:51 AM

Part of it is the couch, part of it is being pregnant. I was always more comfortable while pregnant laying on my back, but in a more upright position proped up like Im in a lounge chair and did spend many a nights while pregnant sleeping in a lounge chair (not sure if that would be an option).

Sondi7
by on Mar. 24, 2016 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe an air mattress would be more comfortable? They make some pretty nice ones now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)