• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Restaurant Food

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

I can't afford to eat out much at all. When I do, I'm sometimes disappointed that I paid $xx for something and wasn't thrilled, aren't you?

I visited a Chinese buffet last week for some protein and vegetables, and I got a lot of air in my tummy after. Someone said it was the MSG. How dare they put some shit in perfectly good beef and vegetables that fucks with you later! I think next time I'll get Vietnamese.

Anyway, I stick with cheeseburgers for the kids mostly, and NOT McD's! We have Whataburger in Texas. Each state/region has their staple cheeseburger joints.

It's so hit and miss, I wish it wasn't. Just cause you pay a lot of money for a meal, doesn't guarantee it's going to be good.

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:17 PM
True
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:18 PM
I just found out earlier this week at a doctor appointment I have a gallbladder problem (the gallbladder helps digest fatty foods).
I won't be eating out for a while. I'm figuring out how to eat healthier.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM
Bump
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM
So true. I eat out because of the convenience and am often disappointed.
Pooge
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:22 AM
We got one good Chinese buffet here...we do get Chik fil a sometimes...not a McDs fan...my son lives this Mexican place..but its homemade and very fresh.
SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
The only time I really go out to a restaurant is when I'm with family, and we tend to go high-end and we have set places we know we like.

When it's just my daughter and I we will do take-out though. There's a semi-organic pizza place we like to pick up pizza from.
redheadtmk
by on Apr. 9, 2016 at 4:17 PM
2 moms liked this

It can be hit or miss. But food always tastes better when someone else makes it so I dont always love what I cook either. Often after standing in the hot kitchen smelling the food cook and taste testing it, I am not hungry when it is ready. Or it is not as satifying as it would have been if someone else cooked it.

WrongWayDiva
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Totally agree!   We went out on Friday night, total bill for 2 couples and a 4 year old was $80.   Soggy pasta and chicken, microwaved mini-corn dogs and 3 fish fry specials (that weren't special!).   Way overpriced and I could have made better at home. 

OT, but we are looking into a meal delivery service--seems less expensive than going out and healthier/tastier too!

Karen24
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2016 at 2:59 AM
I tend to go for inexpensive fast-casual type places. One place that is more a recent addition that I really like is Firehouse Subs. A really good burger place we have here is Culver's. We also have an A&W here that is way better than McD's. I love their root beer!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2016 at 9:32 AM

There is only 2 Chinese restaurants I will go to in my area, the others ones have crappy food. Other than that my typical places are Chic-Fil-A, Moe's, Jimmy Johns. We recently got a Wayback Burger, but haven't tried it yet, figure I will let them get all that newness out so I have less of a chance of getting crappy food/service.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)