Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single & Pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about being a pregnant single mom.  

Here are some pregnancy related topics discussed in this group:

• Dealing with a break-up while pregnant
  • Pregnancy & dating
  • Single and chosing to become a partnerless parent
  • Thoughts on abortion
  • Telling the father

pregnant belly

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for single and pregnant moms in the replies below!

Find more advice for moms, from CafeMoms here:

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:34 PM
4 moms liked this
Single and chosing to to be a partnerless parent, this one fits right down my alley. But you know I'm alright with it. I get twice the hugs, twice the kisses and twice the I love you's.
sonnyswoman75
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you. I was pregnant and single due to a cheating spouse. I see it as his loss.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Single and chosing to to be a partnerless parent, this one fits right down my alley. But you know I'm alright with it. I get twice the hugs, twice the kisses and twice the I love you's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear that but in my case my son's father never was honest enough to tell me he was seperated but still married. I just think men are real jerks period.

Quoting sonnyswoman75: Good for you. I was pregnant and single due to a cheating spouse. I see it as his loss.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Single and chosing to to be a partnerless parent, this one fits right down my alley. But you know I'm alright with it. I get twice the hugs, twice the kisses and twice the I love you's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2016 at 10:01 AM
About to be single. 21 weeks pregnant. Her dad is currently denying her but hope we can work it out before she is born. Don't want to be a single parent again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 14, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Any help in getting coupons for diapers or wipes would be appreciated. I have been to the local diaper banks and received some help there.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 15, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Sign up for coupons with the brand you use. Also coupons for diapers and wipes can be found in the newspaper inserts. And online.

If you don't get the paper ask for it at the library, people at work, family, etc.

Check the cost of cloth diapers and ask for free ones on the local freecycle, Facebook yardsale groups.

Google. how to make cloth diapers and wipes.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Any help in getting coupons for diapers or wipes would be appreciated. I have been to the local diaper banks and received some help there.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2016 at 1:56 AM

I was single durring my first pregnancy and being with someone during my second pregnancy made me greatly miss the days where I was on my own.

brianalandanny
by Member on Dec. 4, 2016 at 9:41 PM

I was single for most of my last pregnancy. We split up about a week after I found out I was pregnant and then divorced after the baby was born. He's now 5 months old and I'm doing ok not great but ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 5, 2016 at 1:38 AM
Really? I was single and pregnant. Still single. I envy that you had someone during your second pregnancy. lol. I only have 1. I want more but I don't want to be single and pregnant again.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

I was single durring my first pregnancy and being with someone during my second pregnancy made me greatly miss the days where I was on my own.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2016 at 4:23 AM

It was hard to do it by myself the first time but it was harder the second time with my boyfriend. I had complications and it was a constant fight with my boyfriend because he wanted me to go on bed rest and it just wasn't possible. So the arguing just made the stress worse. I will never go through that again with an involved father. It is so much easier when I can make my own decisions regarding my pregnancy and my child. 

Quoting Anonymous 4: Really? I was single and pregnant. Still single. I envy that you had someone during your second pregnancy. lol. I only have 1. I want more but I don't want to be single and pregnant again.
Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)