Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Embarrassed about Dating Online

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Is it weird that I'm embarrassed that I'm in an online dating site? A few guys from work are in there too, and I'm embarrassed that they viewed my profile. I need reassurance girls, that I don't look desperate on an online dating site. lol
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:22 AM

They are on it too so who cares. Nothing to be embarassed about.

Saphira1207
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

:)

if being on a dating site means being desperate then there are millions of desperate people out there, including your coworkers.

Don't worry about it.  You are no more desperate than anyone else on there.  You just want to see what options are out there that you haven't found in the physical world yet.

AzariahsMother
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Don't look desperate to me at all.  I did online for 3 months on Match and it didn't go so well.  I have thought about trying E-Harmony but don't think anyone wants to date a single mom with a new baby.  Well she isn't so new but 1 is still pretty young.

nononenever
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Unless you were on some sort of sex-only or cheating site, I don't see why it's embarrassing.  

ame4c
by Group Admin on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:53 PM
I met my husband online. I wouldn't be embarrassed. It's part of the world today. Like using a telephone for Internet access, it's just what we do.
ame4c
by Group Admin on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM
Just an FYI, I didn't like e-harmony. It never had matches and just wasn't worth the money in my opinion. I did Match and it was ok, but met my husband on a site that no longer exists. I set my cousin up on POF and Tender, but I warned him it was mostly hook-ups. He likes it though, not the hookups lol, but the woman he meets.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Don't look desperate to me at all.  I did online for 3 months on Match and it didn't go so well.  I have thought about trying E-Harmony but don't think anyone wants to date a single mom with a new baby.  Well she isn't so new but 1 is still pretty young.

MysticLove
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not desperate. It is a social norm now. I know many people who have used it, some it has worked and some it has not. I met my DH online and with our lives we never would have come across each other without the Internet.

readyforhim
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as you don't post anything very personal, they should respect that you are all looking for love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM
It was on POF.

Quoting nononenever:

Unless you were on some sort of sex-only or cheating site, I don't see why it's embarrassing.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:06 PM
I'm on POF. I like it, I just block the ones that are obviously there just for hook ups and to make me waste my time.

Quoting ame4c: Just an FYI, I didn't like e-harmony. It never had matches and just wasn't worth the money in my opinion. I did Match and it was ok, but met my husband on a site that no longer exists. I set my cousin up on POF and Tender, but I warned him it was mostly hook-ups. He likes it though, not the hookups lol, but the woman he meets.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)