Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newly single mom

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:12 AM
  • 4 Replies
After 13 years in a abusive marriage I am finally single. Only problem is now I'm a single mom. I'm struggling with depression. I don't know how to do this alone.
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
virginiamama71
by Mom on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:14 AM
Are you in counseling?
graceandpeace35
by on Jan. 15, 2017 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry you are going through this. You are not alone... if you ever need a friend please feel free to dm me. Besides that, there is someone who cares. There is a God who loves you. There is a Savior who rescues. Jesus Christ is real and He saves. I encourage you to pray to Him and to pour your heart out before Him. To all who come to Him in truth, He will not cast out. Read the Gospel of John to know Him more. He is real! The world is full of beauty, despite the pain. There is miracles all around us. The way all of creation is designed perfectly and works together, even in this sin filled world is a testimony of His grace. I once felt totally alone too. Jesus saved me from a life of absolute destruction. And He loves you so much, that He came to earth to live a perfect life and die on the cross in our place so we could be with Him forever. He is the one who causes all the beauty and love in the world. And He is the refuge from all the darkness.

I encourage you to visit a church in your area and seek help and counsel. Also try a mops group if your chlidren are young. Find others to walk with you. You arent alone! If you lived near me, our church would love to come around you. Please feel free to dm me. God bless you sister.

You can pour your heart out to Jesus. You are not alone!!
For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Mary 

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 11:22 AM

Welcome. Are you a member of a church at all? Many have great support groups. Mine does...its a large Christian non demoninational and they have a single parent support group. I've gone to it a few times and it was nice. Also try meetup...there are lots of single parent groups. If you happen to have insurance call around and see if you can make an appt with a counselor. 

I can tell you this eventually does get easier. The first year for me was terrible....4 years later I am finally in a good place and I am civil with the ex. It takes time. Good luck. 

LilShamrock
by Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 11:58 AM
Being a single parent is not an easy task!! Have faith in yourself and in God...do the best you can with what you have and pray.

Some days are harder than others and then there are some days when the the rainbow will shine!

We're all here for you!

Sham
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)