Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 year old hits 1 person

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
So my 4 year olds father's girlfriend decided it was her place to tell my sister that my daughter hits her son & leaves big scratches on him. I do not see this behavior & neither does my family or her fathers mother (where my daughter goes to daycare). So I call her father & he said the boy usually swings first. So I told him what she said then he changed his story saying that our daughter does it sometimes. I sat with my daughter at supper & asked her questions. She said she doesn't hit daddy or the boy but she does hit the girlfriend. I asked her why & she said because she wants to play by herself. I can only imagine theres more to the story than what a 4 year old can express. Has anybody come across their child only hitting 1 person? Did you ever find out the cause?
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:00 PM
Sometimes children do this for attention, bored, or if there's some changes in their home life. Keep reminding her it's not nice to hit people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2017 at 12:04 PM
I'm a CSM. My SD tried hitting me once when she was around your DD's age. BM still had custody back then. SD got into serious trouble at our house. SD also tried hurting our younger kids (her half siblings). We did find the cause. BM was encouraging SD to hate me and the children born of mine & DH's marriage. SD never got away with any of it and BM tried saying we were "picking" on SD. Needless to say, BM eventually lost custody because she couldn't do what was in the best interest of SD.

Not saying you're encouraging your DD to be intentionally hateful, but it might be a good idea to ensure you support all members of Dad's household. Unless you find substantial proof of abuse of course.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2017 at 12:15 PM
Why is your ex's girlfriend near your nephew you anyway?!
graceandpeace35
by on Jan. 29, 2017 at 11:15 PM

I am not sure, I think the best thing you could do is, if possible, go and supervise an interaction with the people. Be there, be loving, kind and supportive and see for yourself what goes down.

God bless you my friend. He loves you and your child very much! These situations are very hard and emotionally heart wrenching, I pray that it all works out and everyone can stay friends. Keep talking to your daughter and giving her your love! God bless you!
Mary 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)