Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal for a 4 yr old?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:28 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hey ladies!
Hope you all had a stress free weekend.

My 4 y/o daughter has a crush on a boy, I remember I was 4 or 5 when I first liked a boy but not like how my daughter is taking it.

She likes a boy named "L" , L is in her class, he and she went to each other's bdays , L has really cool parents they enjoy my daughter and Ls friendship- they're best best friends and I mean attached at the hip! L is like her bodyguard , my daughter has leg issues (possible muscluar dystrophy we are still waiting on neorolgist results and genetic test to come back) anywho, she falls a lot so L helps her to walk around and doesn't let other kids pick on her.

My daughter tells me she wants to marry L. And that she wants to kiss him, and they already got "in trouble" at scho for hand holding.

My ex and I have been in a nasty divorce , but we have been separated since she was 5 mnths old so she really doesn't have memories of us as a family. I never have brought guys around her that I've dated.

She does watch a lot of Disney movies, and princess stuff, I'm wondering if this is normal or extreme ?
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:03 AM
Yes it's normal.
L is showing he cares about her, and is a good friend.
XO.__
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:09 AM
Thank you for this

Quoting virginiamama71: Yes it's normal.
L is showing he cares about her, and is a good friend.
AzariahsMother
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:10 AM

Have no clue sorry :(  I can not remember if DD did any of that and my DD that is 1 has no crushes as of yet. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:10 AM
Normal. Lol. My daughter had a "boyfriend" from preschool until 1st grade. Now they are just friends. ๐Ÿ˜
XO.__
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:12 AM
LOL thank you very much. I say LOL because of the 1 y/o not having a crush, that would be a sight to see LOL

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Have no clue sorry :(  I can not remember if DD did any of that and my DD that is 1 has no crushes as of yet. 

XO.__
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:12 AM
Atleast they had a civil break up LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1: Normal. Lol. My daughter had a "boyfriend" from preschool until 1st grade. Now they are just friends. ๐Ÿ˜
AzariahsMother
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:17 AM

She is known as the greeter/lover.  She usually greets everyone that comes in with the babies and gives little kisses.  Tries to rock them in their car seats.  When I pick up she walks around the room and taps everyone on the head.  Like good-bye LOL!!  She is to stinking cute sometimes. 

Quoting XO.__: LOL thank you very much. I say LOL because of the 1 y/o not having a crush, that would be a sight to see LOL
Quoting AzariahsMother:

ame4c
by Group Admin on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
At least L is real... lol... my daughter had an imaginary husband from age 4 to about 6....so funny. She's a fairly normal teenage girl now.
XO.__
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL well rather at age 4 than 24 like me LOL I got divorced from a husband that shouldve just been invisble LMAO

Quoting ame4c: At least L is real... lol... my daughter had an imaginary husband from age 4 to about 6....so funny. She's a fairly normal teenage girl now.

AllyS88
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 6:31 PM

I have heard of many stories of little ones going through 'phases' of this kind of behavior. I think they are learning boundaries with people through what they see (through movies and adult interactions). I would venture to guess this is a short phase of life (before the fear of  'cooties' set in!). .. Good luck !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)