Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new to this whole experince

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:57 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi, I am a pregnant mother who is single and going to be raising my child without the father.

I will however have the help of my mom, brother and father, shortly after the baby is born i will be 22 years old. 

I am looking for some guidance on how to cope with the single parenting lifestyle, how to stay positve on a day to day basis and any parenting tips would be forever welcomed.

Thank you :)

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arwensmom918
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not as hard as it seams.  You can get through it.  I do it with 2 an 8 month old Girl and a 15 month old Boy.  There is a whold bunch of support and things you can do on google.  I would talk with you OBGYN to see if they can help you out.  Keep talking and keep looking for advice you are in the right place. 

GLO682
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like you have a great support system and that's a big start.

everything is a learning experience.

congratulations on being a mommy :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Make sure you always have a job.
ame4c
by Group Admin on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM
With insurance

Quoting virginiamama71: Make sure you always have a job.
FIRSTTIMEMOMXO
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:51 PM
Thank you ladies I appreciate it so much! Currently I am still on my moms insurance and not working right now but a few months after baby is born I do plan on going back to school and work!
firstimemommy23
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Agree with Glo682...sounds like you have a good support systm to start with.  The baby will become your motivation to be the best you can be.  Starting to look for a job sounds like a good idea, baby has a lot of needs! Congrats on the baby!  

Lucky2BaMomof2
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It will take some adjusting, but you got this :)

Until last year had been a single single mom of 3.. last year I started dating, last month moved in together (this is harder than being a single parent, lol)

My kids are 2, 8, and 10.

Congrats on your baby :)

Having family support will have a HUGE positive impact.

Hugs!
FIRSTTIMEMOMXO
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:31 PM
Thank you guys!! I appreciate the positivity and support so much!! I am glad I am able to get some unemployment as of now until I get back on my feet!
Breakthrough13
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

It's so good to hear you have strong support from your family.  You can google to see if there is a pregnancy center near where you live.  I used to volunteer at a pregnancy center and I know they provide free resources, counseling and parenting classes.  Stay positive and be strong.  Lifting you up in prayers.  All the best to you and your baby.  God bless. 

FIRSTTIMEMOMXO
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:44 PM
Thank you so much!!! ❤️
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)