Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids know how to cook?

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:13 PM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 16 year old LOVES to cook. He's been looking for new recipes and trying them out lately, which I love!

For Mother's Day he made filet mignon & corn-on-the-cob (his first time making steak). Tonight he made this: http://therecipecritic.com/2016/06/creamy-parmesan-garlic-mushroom-chicken/

OMG, he just gave me a taste of the sauce. Ah-MAZING!

by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yvonne37
by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:27 PM

son (21) does and my daughter (10) does breakfast things for us.. she made me pancakes for mothers day :)

grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 16, 2017 at 8:29 PM
Yes, my 14 yr old does.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:42 PM

That's great! My son wanted a waffle iron for Christmas, so I get those occasionally. 

He's agreed that he will start making a lot of our dinners this summer. The last thing I want to do after working on my feet all day is stand in the kitchen cooking dinner!

Quoting yvonne37:

son (21) does and my daughter (10) does breakfast things for us.. she made me pancakes for mothers day :)

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:43 PM

Nice! What is his/her favorite dish to make?

Quoting grneyedormom: Yes, my 14 yr old does.

yvonne37
by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:04 PM

that is nice of him.. how old is your son?

Quoting amonkeymom:

That's great! My son wanted a waffle iron for Christmas, so I get those occasionally. 

He's agreed that he will start making a lot of our dinners this summer. The last thing I want to do after working on my feet all day is stand in the kitchen cooking dinner!

Quoting yvonne37:

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

He's the baby, he's 16 now. 

Quoting yvonne37:

that is nice of him.. how old is your son?

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting yvonne37:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:14 PM
My 9 and 12 yr old both cook and having been cooking since they could stand. They both have their own black chef cases and their own cook ware/utensils.

They Are really great at not surprising from the family They come from. Haha We live in our kitchens basically.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 16, 2017 at 10:47 PM
Ramen. ;) She loves to make just about anything. We just recently got two Hello Fresh boxes and she made all 5 of the meals and they turned out great! She makes a mean hash brown!

Quoting amonkeymom:

Nice! What is his/her favorite dish to make?

momofsixangels
by on May. 16, 2017 at 11:45 PM
My 20 year old ds likes to grill. My 18 year old dd makes a great chicken Alfredo. The others are not really interested
momofsixangels
by on May. 17, 2017 at 4:55 AM
My 14 year old dd only knows how to make a few things

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)