Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THE JUGGLING ACT !!! thats was it feels like to be a single MOM !!!!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:58 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi Single Mommies !!!!

OMG it feels like such a juggling act to be a single mom !!! being a mom is a blessing but we wear so many hats. And we often times have long to do lists thats are simple never ending ... i just realized i havent had a vacation since college.. lmao i am soooo over due for a KIDLESS vacation lol !! ..... how do you moms recharge? ... somtimes i feel guilty for feeling this way but damn lol i work hard to provide somtimes i notice im slip but i do the best that i can ... i feel when a moms cup is full she will never lack and she can offer her best self to little ones...

questions ?

1. how do you recharge?

2. do you have a village of people to help when you just need a break?

3 have you had a childless vacation since you had children ? how was it ?

by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
The last time I went on a vacation by myself was almost 20 years ago.
soccercrazymom1
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
1. Early bedtime for the kid and nightly walks ( mine is old enough that I can leave home alone for an hour or two).

2. When my son was younger I left him with my mom. Now that he is older I don't really need help.

3. Nope and I don't want one without my kid.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
1) I have a teenager so she's pretty capable of being left alone for periods of time.

2) Yes, I am lucky in that I do have a huge village to support me as my child's parent.

3) Yes, absolutely I have. Although I prefer to take vacations with my kid, I've also gone on them without her.
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:03 PM

wow your lucky lol !!!.. i cant wait for my little one to be a teen lol .... even though having a vacay without hearing a little voice screaming "MOMMY" lol would be AWESOME ... But  believe it or nor i would like for my first vacation  to be  the Disney cruise ... my little guy WOULD love it !!!!

Quoting grneyedormom: 1) I have a teenager so she's pretty capable of being left alone for periods of time. 2) Yes, I am lucky in that I do have a huge village to support me as my child's parent. 3) Yes, absolutely I have. Although I prefer to take vacations with my kid, I've also gone on them without her.

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:18 PM
Ds is 12 and can be left home alone. Normally I try to be with him whenever I'm not at work because I feel like I'm away from him enough after working 2 jobs.
My mom and ex help watch ds when I work or the rare occasion I go out.
I haven't been on a vacation since I was a teen. I'm trying to save up to take ds on his first vacation next year
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:46 PM

1. how do you recharge? Recharge, what's that? lol  Seriously though, I escape through work, reading books or playing on Facebook/CM.

2. do you have a village of people to help when you just need a break? I have my mom & stepdad not too far away, and luckily my kids are older now so they can be left alone to do their own thing.

3 have you had a childless vacation since you had children ? how was it ?  Since I had children, yes but just weekends away. Since my divorce? No. Only a work trip for a couple of days to NYC a few years ago.

Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:39 PM

1.)  School is starting back a week from today. I'll get about fifteen hours to "recharge" -- And eight of those will be me being at work. I don't get "breaks" from my kids during the school year. And I'm happy with that. Their dad has them but I have them 7 days a week with how our schedule works during the school year. 

2.) Nope. I have a village of people who have older kids so their babysitting days are over - their words. Not mine.

3.) Nope. And I won't. Today started a week vacation for me.. I'll spend all 7 days with my kids except tomorrow night and that's only because their dad is keeping them so I can get teeth pulled tomorrow at two. . 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I liked going places when my son was younger . Now at 14 it's always can I invite a friend or two.

Quoting superdivamom727:

wow your lucky lol !!!.. i cant wait for my little one to be a teen lol .... even though having a vacay without hearing a little voice screaming "MOMMY" lol would be AWESOME ... But  believe it or nor i would like for my first vacation  to be  the Disney cruise ... my little guy WOULD love it !!!!

Quoting grneyedormom: 1) I have a teenager so she's pretty capable of being left alone for periods of time.

2) Yes, I am lucky in that I do have a huge village to support me as my child's parent.

3) Yes, absolutely I have. Although I prefer to take vacations with my kid, I've also gone on them without her.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have help or any vacations. Day by day step by step that's how I got through. Not going to lie it's very hard. You're not alone hang in there.
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 12:12 PM

lol uhh ohh i rememger those days when i was younger ... my mom hated that lol !!!!

Quoting virginiamama71: I liked going places when my son was younger . Now at 14 it's always can I invite a friend or two.
Quoting superdivamom727:

Quoting grneyedormom: 1) I have a teenager so she's pretty capable of being left alone for periods of time. 2) Yes, I am lucky in that I do have a huge village to support me as my child's parent. 3) Yes, absolutely I have. Although I prefer to take vacations with my kid, I've also gone on them without her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)