Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father rights

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I'm a proud mother of a baby girl. She was a pleasant suprise that did not give much notice of her arrival. From finding out until now the father and I have not seen eye to eye on anything. So we tried our own visitation. I have huge issues with the cleanliness of his house. For the first visit he did some cleaning but the house is not the environment I want my daughter crawling around in. He has also failed in communicating his agenda when they are together. The last time he didn't answer my calls or texts. Stating his phone was dead. At this time I have stopped any future visitation. I'm torn because I would like my daughter to have a healthy relationship but not at the expense of her level of care
I need guidance
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Mom on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:21 PM
What's on the agenda for communication?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:24 PM
We were supposed to sit down and talk but every time we try he does something immature.
virginiamama71
by Mom on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:26 PM
Try not to control everything.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We were supposed to sit down and talk but every time we try he does something immature.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:33 PM
I really wish that was the case. I rather laid back and I have told him that we can work through this together. When we set time for discussion he pulls a stunt. This is the 3rd time we have attempted
virginiamama71
by Mom on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:43 PM
Ok just leave him alone.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I really wish that was the case. I rather laid back and I have told him that we can work through this together. When we set time for discussion he pulls a stunt. This is the 3rd time we have attempted
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:57 PM
Thank you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:10 PM
Unfortunately, you cannot control what he does on his own time. I hope you two can work this out on your own but it doesn't sound like it. A court will issue him visitation (unless you can prove him unfit) and will tell you that his time is his time. He doesn't have to notify you of his plans or answer your calls. It's HARD trusting anyone with your child, even harder when they are a baby. He has rights to his daughter just as you do. Good luck!
mikesmom65270
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:18 PM

Is his name on the birth certificate? If not, it will be harder for him to demand visitation. Unless you have court-ordered visitation with a custody agreement, you really don't have to allow visitation at all. These concerns would be taken into consideration when making such agreement.

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him for now, to come to your house for visits. Dad needs to have a child safe environment and buy things for the baby that are needed. For now without a court order, you are free to tell him he can se the baby at your house.

Hopefully he eventually gets his act together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:58 PM
No court orders... Thank you both
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)