Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facing my fear

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:59 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm finally going to face my fear and file for paternity and child support. I found out today he's expecting another child with his wife. I'm not jealous or by all means want to cause problems but it made me realize he's moving on with his life and I'm still stuck crying and wondering if I'm make the right choice. So I'm going to bite the bullet and file for the support my daughter deserves.
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CeeJayxo
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:17 PM
wish you the best of luck for you & your daughter!!
Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:51 PM

The way you worded that whole thing up there -- I can't help but wonder if you are going to court to hurt him where it counts -- as he has you. . . . Or are you going FOR support for your daughter? By all means, take him to court if you are having trouble providing for her on your own. Be ready for him to want her more so that he'll have to pay less.
I don't know where you live but in my state -- the older child takes precedence.  Just something for ya to look into if ya were so inclined to see what rights you have, etc..

Good luck with it and I hope it's not a messy hearing/experience. 

Camismom04
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:19 PM
Part of me what's to hurt him but my intention is definitely for my daughter and her having the chance to know him or her half siblings. He has never met her and denies her. She is his oldest child.... from what I understand he would only receive supervised visitation if he filed for it. He could just pay and not even see her.

Quoting Sissy-Smurf:

The way you worded that whole thing up there -- I can't help but wonder if you are going to court to hurt him where it counts -- as he has you. . . . Or are you going FOR support for your daughter? By all means, take him to court if you are having trouble providing for her on your own. Be ready for him to want her more so that he'll have to pay less.I don't know where you live but in my state -- the older child takes precedence.  Just something for ya to look into if ya were so inclined to see what rights you have, etc..

Good luck with it and I hope it's not a messy hearing/experience. 

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:29 PM
How old is your daughter? I would establish paternity so you can tell her with 100% certainty when she is older. Show her proof in case he denies that he is her biological father.
Financially he is obligated to help support your dd. You can't force him to be in her life
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:34 PM
Does the wife know about the child?
Camismom04
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:59 PM
I have know idea. Wish I did....

Quoting virginiamama71: Does the wife know about the child?
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Well hopefully you will be ready for everything that may happen when you decide to contact him for paternity.

Quoting Camismom04: I have know idea. Wish I did....

Camismom04
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Just to add we had my daughter before he even met his wife... I'm not ready but I feel like she deserves child support and the possibility of him wanting to know her down the road.

Quoting virginiamama71: Well hopefully you will be ready for everything that may happen when you decide to contact him for paternity.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:14 PM
Ok.
Before you said you didn't want child support but want him in her life and was scared if you did try for child support he would try for custody.
Now you're upset because he's moved on and not with you, but the child should know any half siblings.

You can pursue child support just prepare yourself for a chance he will want custody and you shouldn't fight it because you want her to know her father and how can he if he's not involved in her life through shared custody.

Quoting Camismom04: Just to add we had my daughter before he even met his wife... I'm not ready but I feel like she deserves child support and the possibility of him wanting to know her down the road.
Quoting virginiamama71: Well hopefully you will be ready for everything that may happen when you decide to contact him for paternity.
Fakemom7
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Where did you get the info that he would only receive supervised visitation?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)