Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YAAAYYY !!!! i got a NEW JOB !!!!

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:41 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hi single mommies!!!

i was recently blessed with a new job making more money , and i suuuperr excited !!! , however i put in my two weeks notice and my job was trying to fire me that day ... saying i can go home !!!.. i was caught by SURPRISE !!!.. i thought giving a two weeks notice is a courtesy , lol i would look terrible if i didnt ... and was trying to watch me like a hawk that whole day !! and my supervisor  went to our head boss  to get me fired  for absolutley no reason ... i was like really??? if i can turn back the hands of time would not have turned in my two weeks notice and just left them high dry !!!!!  But never the less in SUPER EXCITED !!! BECAUSE I HATED THIS JOB WITH A PASSION, it was like it was sucking my SOUL once i got in the freaking building !!!

Have anyone exprience thier employer trying to fire them once they have give them a 2 weeks notice???

BLESSED AND UNBOTHERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deltathree
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

goodYEA - super happy for you!  Yes, I had that happen.  I gave notice, but they think they fired me.  It's been the thing for a lil bit now.  So stupid & unprofessional!  Let it go & move on to better things.

Lovie88
by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations on the new job sweetheart!
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats. I would apply for UI for the 2 weeks you will be out of a job or try to start your new job earlier. Screw them.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 14, 2017 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations on your new job!!
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Aug. 14, 2017 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on the new job!
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 9:13 PM
Thank you ladies !!!!
momofsixangels
by on Aug. 15, 2017 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! That's wonderful!
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Aug. 15, 2017 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, many jobs will just let you go when you've given them your notice. Congrats on getting a better job for your family!
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 3:03 PM

thank you ladies greneyedormom and momofsixangels  !!! i was super suprised !!! because this is a corporate job.. i was hoping for better behavior lol  !!!.. but then again im going with our competitor which is a bigger health system  !!.... but hey its all good !!! :)

Quoting grneyedormom: Yes, many jobs will just let you go when you've given them your notice. Congrats on getting a better job for your family!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 15, 2017 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Our former and current boss have told people they can leave when they put in their notice. People usually don't have to work through to their last day.

Quoting superdivamom727:

thank you ladies greneyedormom and momofsixangels  !!! i was super suprised !!! because this is a corporate job.. i was hoping for better behavior lol  !!!.. but then again im going with our competitor which is a bigger health system  !!.... but hey its all good !!! :)

Quoting grneyedormom: Yes, many jobs will just let you go when you've given them your notice. Congrats on getting a better job for your family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)