Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you want in a potential future SO?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 8:27 PM
  • 18 Replies

Whether you're already dating/living with someone/remarried or not, what are some must haves in a new potential partner?

by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM

Must be a Christian by deed and not just by name, love the outdoors, and be very disciplined financially.  Plus, I don't need another screenwatcher.  I'm not doing that again.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 11:51 PM

How will you know he's truly a Christian?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Must be a Christian by deed and not just by name, love the outdoors, and be very disciplined financially.  Plus, I don't need another screenwatcher.  I'm not doing that again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2017 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Someone who understands my depression and anxiety. Who lifts me up rather than degrades me.

Honestly that's all I have right now. You'd think after being single for 5+ years, I'd know more, but those things- I don't think I've ever had before.
zboys
by Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:11 AM

That's a good question.  I am basing my answer on my past experience with being married to someone who I thought was a Christian.  That's my short answer.  I will have to come back another time after some thought.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

zboys
by Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:11 AM

What about you, Monkey?

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:45 PM

A good job and not flat broke

His own living arrangements, preferably owns a house

good looking, nice teeth, not bald, taller than me.

Preferably no super young kids, and no kids with more than 1 woman unless grown.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:13 PM

Well, I've been single for 8 years and I don't know much more than that either, so you're in good company.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Someone who understands my depression and anxiety. Who lifts me up rather than degrades me. Honestly that's all I have right now. You'd think after being single for 5+ years, I'd know more, but those things- I don't think I've ever had before.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:14 PM

Same, that's why I asked. People can be great actors and really make you think they're one thing but you might find out later that they are someone completely different than you thought.

Quoting zboys:

That's a good question.  I am basing my answer on my past experience with being married to someone who I thought was a Christian.  That's my short answer.  I will have to come back another time after some thought.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:15 PM

I'd like someone who is good with finances, but not stingy. Someone who loves animals and kids in a healthy way. Someone who isn't going to shirk responsibilities and who is a hard worker. 

Other than that.... I'm not sure.

Quoting zboys:

What about you, Monkey?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:15 PM

Those are all good traits.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

A good job and not flat broke

His own living arrangements, preferably owns a house

good looking, nice teeth, not bald, taller than me.

Preferably super young kids, and no kids with more than 1 woman unless grown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)