Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Auto Insurance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I'm shopping around for auto insurance.  How much is your 6 month premium for collision and comprehensive?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
The amount and type of coverage, deductibles, etc that you want changed your base premium. Also your credit score and driving record, type of vehicle and average number of miles. I pay $140 for my monthly premium. That includes higher than necessary full coverage for my area, my deductibles, the fact that I commute 60 miles every day, towing, rental car, etc.
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I live in a state where insurance is expensive (AZ). I have full coverage for a Lexus and have upgraded policy above state minimums. Going by my monthly premium it looks like my 6 month premium $500 deductible, 0 deductible comprehensive is $720.

AzariahsMother
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I pay $214 month and this is 2 cars, 2 drivers, $1000 deductible, road side assitance, rental coverage, and towing.  Don't think I have anything else on there that I can think of.  I always forget if I have glass coverage.  I don't think I do. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
$800 for 6 months.
AzariahsMother
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:32 AM

Might be a dumb questions, but why is insurance so expensive in AZ. 

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I live in a state where insurance is expensive (AZ). I have full coverage for a Lexus and have upgraded policy above state minimums. Going by my monthly premium it looks like my 6 month premium $500 deductible, 0 deductible comprehensive is $720.

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Car thefts and Mexico.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Might be a dumb questions, but why is insurance so expensive in AZ. 

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:53 AM
I believe my renters insurance policy is also included in this amount, as well.

Quoting grneyedormom: The amount and type of coverage, deductibles, etc that you want changed your base premium. Also your credit score and driving record, type of vehicle and average number of miles. I pay $140 for my monthly premium. That includes higher than necessary full coverage for my area, my deductibles, the fact that I commute 60 miles every day, towing, rental car, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:07 AM
State Farm - $90 a month for a 2011 Chevy Traverse with the lowest deductibles and Rental in case of an accident.
fullxbusymom
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:08 AM
Quoting grneyedormom: The amount and type of coverage, deductibles, etc that you want changed your base premium. Also your credit score and driving record, type of vehicle and average number of miles. I pay $140 for my monthly premium. That includes higher than necessary full coverage for my area, my deductibles, the fact that I commute 60 miles every day, towing, rental car, etc.

Not necessarily I live in NH and they do not check credit score that has no bearing. Not every state does it the same way.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:38 AM
That’s cool! :) I feel that it’s not a fair way to determine someone's Insurance coverage based on their credit score.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Not necessarily I live in NH and they do not check credit score that has no bearing. Not every state does it the same way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)