Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will I ever have that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I see all my friends getting married, going on family vacations, having kids, buying houses...I feel like for the last 5 years since my divorce my life has come to a hault. I wonder if I'll ever remarry again and have that life also, or if this is as good as it gets for me. While I live a peaceful life, I dont feel that I have the excitement they all have in their lives. I know good things come to those who wait...but part of me feels like God forgot about me. I'm genuinely happy for them, but part of me cant help but feel a little jealousy...I want that andI'm scared I'll never find the person I want to share that with. I'm sorry to be a downer, I just needed to pour out my feelings a little. I just worry I'll never have that.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
amonkeymom
by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:16 PM

I think if you want it, you can have it! You just need to make yourself happy in the meantime. :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:14 PM
You can have everything you want but you have to do the work to make it happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. I know that must be difficult. I dealt with similar feelings as a young, single adult. All I can say is continue to focus on your present and what you can do to make your life happy now. The grass may always seem greener on the other side, but I can promise you there are plenty of problems in those "perfect" worlds you crave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:38 PM
I feel like short of settling with just any guy, I have been putting in the work. Thats the part that depresses me. :(

Quoting virginiamama71: You can have everything you want but you have to do the work to make it happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:41 PM
Thank you. I will continue to work on me, although those thoughts have gotten the best of me lately. It's hard not to feel that way, I'm 37 and most of my friends seem to be at a better stage in their lives than I am. I just want the stability of a family of my own...but that seems so hard to obtain.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm sorry. I know that must be difficult. I dealt with similar feelings as a young, single adult. All I can say is continue to focus on your present and what you can do to make your life happy now. The grass may always seem greener on the other side, but I can promise you there are plenty of problems in those "perfect" worlds you crave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:47 PM

I feel the same way as you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:19 PM
☹️

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I feel the same way as you.

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:03 AM

Same here!! I have been dvorced over 4 years and still single. Have had a few short relationships thats it. I miss it.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:47 AM
Why do you think you have to have the same as others?
What else do you want out of life?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I feel like short of settling with just any guy, I have been putting in the work. Thats the part that depresses me. :(

Quoting virginiamama71: You can have everything you want but you have to do the work to make it happen.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:41 AM
I made my own life and depended on myself for the love and care I needed and deserved! I found my own set of friends that met my needs for being cared for and being able to care for them, I took my own family vacations with my kiddo and with friends, I bought a house with my parent’s assistance, and 13 years after my divorce I found, when I wasn’t really looking, my amazing boyfriend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 12:39 PM
I don't think I should have as others have, it's that I WANT that. I'm yearning for that life. I think its human nature to want to share my life with someone, and yes, family and friends are good companions...but I want someone I can open up with on a different level. I've done the single life for awhile now...its been fun, but I'm ready for something else and the frustrating thing is that I cant seem to find that person I'm longing for. It's human nature to want that type of companionship.

Quoting virginiamama71: Why do you think you have to have the same as others?
What else do you want out of life?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I feel like short of settling with just any guy, I have been putting in the work. Thats the part that depresses me. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)