Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Christmas as a single mom

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2017 at 10:16 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hi ladies! 

It's my first holiday season as a single mom. Thanksgiving will be at either my sisters new house or my moms house. And Halloween is just walking around the neighborhood so no real concerns there. 

However, Christmas! OMG Christmas. 

Any suggestions for me? I literally have NOTHING. 

I think my mom has a Christmas tree she's going to give me but other then that I have nothing. 

Thanks in advance!!

by on Oct. 12, 2017 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zboys
by Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 4:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Dollar Tree has holiday items at a great price.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Toys for Tots, angel tree, churches, Etc. Help with gifts. It's good your family is helping as well. I agree Dollar Tree is a great place for decorations.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Homemade items are always best.
And giving and sharing with others too.
Make some of your own traditions.
zboys
by Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Good suggestions

Quoting deltathree: Toys for Tots, angel tree, churches, Etc. Help with gifts. It's good your family is helping as well. I agree Dollar Tree is a great place for decorations.
anonomomma
by on Oct. 14, 2017 at 12:14 AM
Instead of presents go out and have an experience. Its so much more fun and you will make memories vs adding to land fills with broken and discarded toys in a few months.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 10:28 AM

Welcome!

Pinterest! You'll find some great, cheap, decorating ideas there. Ideas for gifts, etc.

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Oct. 14, 2017 at 2:08 PM
Make some decorations. Give gifts of doing stuff together (movie gift card, chuck e cheese, etc)
Muffet60
by on Oct. 15, 2017 at 2:13 PM

We always liked giving coupons to each other. Back scratching for five minutes, shoulder rub, bake a pie, clean a bathroom, etc. Cost next to nothing, sometimtes nothing, but meant a lot to all of us.

LilShamrock
by Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 9:10 AM
I have DD for most holidays. I took my first Xmas eve without her as a time to reflect on me. I visited with family, then came home and watched all my favorite Xmas movies.

Keep yourself occupied, do something fun, volunteer at a shelter or spend time with family or friends. Or host a "bring what ya brung" dinner at your house for folks that you know that will alone as well...

Start your own traditions like others have said. My first Xmas, everything was from the Dollar Store and we even made decorations.
babysmother
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 2:49 AM

Quoting virginiamama71: Homemade items are always best. And giving and sharing with others too. Make some of your own traditions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)