Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you started thinking about what to get them for Christmas?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2017 at 11:27 AM
  • 27 Replies

Any ideas?

My youngest is getting his class ring this year. I bought my daughter a small bag that is made from the backdrop of a former Broadway show (Oklahoma). I'll probably give my oldest cash for his trip to Japan in January.

by on Nov. 11, 2017 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Nov. 11, 2017 at 3:24 PM
Yes! I’m actually pretty close to being done with my main shopping!
zboys
by Member on Nov. 11, 2017 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine are all grown so they'll get a little cash.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2017 at 6:16 PM

What did you get this year?

Quoting grneyedormom: Yes! I’m actually pretty close to being done with my main shopping!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2017 at 6:16 PM

How much?

Quoting zboys:

zboys
by Member on Nov. 13, 2017 at 7:19 PM
I'm thinking less than last year. Im just broke.

Quoting amonkeymom:

How much?

Quoting zboys:

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2017 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear that!

Quoting zboys: I'm thinking less than last year. Im just broke.
Quoting amonkeymom:

How much?

Quoting zboys:

TellMeBoutIt
by Member on Nov. 13, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Yup. DD already made a list and I went over it with her and narrowed it down. She also picked for her little brother. His birthday is the week before and hers is in January, so we decided what will be birthday gifts too. I’m shopping on the 27th while she’s at a day camp. It’s going to be just a few things because they already have too much! I’m already donating 2 trash bags full of toys and that’s not including what went to trash!
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2017 at 7:28 PM

How old are they?

I remember donating toys every year before Christmas and birthdays. You have to get rid of the old/broken to make way for the new fun.

Quoting TellMeBoutIt: Yup. DD already made a list and I went over it with her and narrowed it down. She also picked for her little brother. His birthday is the week before and hers is in January, so we decided what will be birthday gifts too. I’m shopping on the 27th while she’s at a day camp. It’s going to be just a few things because they already have too much! I’m already donating 2 trash bags full of toys and that’s not including what went to trash!

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Nov. 13, 2017 at 11:10 PM
We’re flying to WDW the day after, but she’ll have a few little things to open under the tree...mostly Disney or HP related things to give her hints without telling her! She doesn’t know about the trip and she’s going to figure it out as we fly across the country.

Quoting amonkeymom:

What did you get this year?

Quoting grneyedormom: Yes! I�m actually pretty close to being done with my main shopping!

TellMeBoutIt
by Member on Nov. 13, 2017 at 11:40 PM
2 and 8. I always knew there’d be 2, so I saved a bunch of her toys for him. So, there’s way too much! Now that he’s turning 3, I’m getting rid of the “baby” toys. Gotta make room for remote control cars! LOL

Quoting amonkeymom:

How old are they?

I remember donating toys every year before Christmas and birthdays. You have to get rid of the old/broken to make way for the new fun.

Quoting TellMeBoutIt: Yup. DD already made a list and I went over it with her and narrowed it down. She also picked for her little brother. His birthday is the week before and hers is in January, so we decided what will be birthday gifts too. I’m shopping on the 27th while she’s at a day camp. It’s going to be just a few things because they already have too much! I’m already donating 2 trash bags full of toys and that’s not including what went to trash!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)