Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 7:17 PM
  • 27 Replies

turkey dinner

Are you doing anything special?

by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 7:18 PM

My kids' dad will be in town, but he didn't tell them until after they'd already made plans to spend the day with their grandparents. My daughter has to work that evening though (retail). I'll be working Thanksgiving day myself (caregiver for people with TBI).

loquaciousred
by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 7:19 PM
Don't know yet
zboys
by Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 8:56 AM

I'm a caregiver myself.  What is it like working with TBI clients?  How do you help them?

Quoting amonkeymom:

My kids' dad will be in town, but he didn't tell them until after they'd already made plans to spend the day with their grandparents. My daughter has to work that evening though (retail). I'll be working Thanksgiving day myself (caregiver for people with TBI).

AzariahsMother
by Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Right now we have no plans.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

pumpkin piecornucopiaeat_turkey

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM

I'm not sure yet.  My family isn't doing anything so we may go to their dad's family's get together.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM

It all depends on how their injury has affected them. We have a couple of clients in wheel chairs, most have memory problems. A couple have paralysis on one side. Many of them are very impulsive and lack the control to not act on that impuslivity. We do cognitive exercises to help them with their memories, physical exercises to help with strength (aqua therapy is a good one for a couple of people, others have become very sensitive to the feeling of water). We do outings, help them make meals and clean their bedrooms, etc. We have 5 houses so far in Colorado and we often socialize with members of the other houses. Thanksgiving will be a collaberation of all 5 houses, minus the clients who will be with their families, for dinner. Christmas will be the same. 

What sort of people do you work with?

Quoting zboys:

I'm a caregiver myself.  What is it like working with TBI clients?  How do you help them?

Quoting amonkeymom:

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM

What would you like to do?

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Right now we have no plans.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Do you get along with their dad/his family?

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I'm not sure yet.  My family isn't doing anything so we may go to their dad's family's get together.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Nov. 18, 2017 at 11:15 AM
Travel to see my brither’s family about 8 hours away. Can’t wait to see my little loves!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)