Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lack of child support....

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:03 AM
  • 37 Replies

For 2 years now Ive been fighting my ex over his lack of paying child support. There is a court order through our divorce decree ordering him to pay monthly. He is currently behind $15,000.00. He pays 25.00 here & there AFTER promising to pay a specific amount (but not the ordered monthly amount). He promises to help with expenses then not only do I not get the help, he goes MIA for a couple weeks to avoid the subject. He just said last night after me confronting him, that hes trying his best. If he was a teen father he'd be doing his best but he is a 38 year old man. He job hops, does random jobs to just get by and helps his girlfriend pay her bills but cant man up & help with his kids financially. I also keep in touch with child support services. They are doing all they can as well. He moved to another state so they said they have to go through that state and it takes longer doing that. I know they are doing what they can, but Im still so frusterated and angry!! He makes damn sure he gets his weekends (when its convienant for him) but does absolutely nothing else. Oh except lying. He does do that very well. How do others deal with this?? I want to just not care & not let it get to me but I cant help it......:(

by on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Shouldn't he be arrested for that?Anytime my exh used to fall behind on cs, it would get taken out of his tax return.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Have you reported him?
mzhottie2581
by Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:13 AM

You would think he would right??? They told me that they have to move thingsto the state he's in so that state can take action. They were doing all that then he told them he was moving back so they didnt take the action but he didnt move back. I just talked to them last week and updated them AGAIN but it will still be a waiting game. It sucks! I did get his tax return this year thanks to child support for intercepting. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Shouldn't he be arrested for that?Anytime my exh used to fall behind on cs, it would get taken out of his tax return.

mzhottie2581
by Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:16 AM

Yes I sure have :( I constantly contact CS services. They are aware of it all but still nothing has been done. Last month he put 5.00 on CS & admited it was to annoy me. I even filed a motion to show him in contempt for lack of pay CS plus other things he's not following and the courts are holding a hearing in MARCH. This isnt the 1st  time Ive filed against him but usually they call a hearing sooner. Im wondering if they are just busy this time of year. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Have you reported him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't let him see your kids.
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Deadbeats like him belong in jail. He’s able to pay some bit refuses. Why can’t they suspend his license? Can’t you file contemp in family court? You don’t have to wait for CSE to act.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2017 at 10:48 AM
My daughter's father is several thousands in arrears and DD is grown. It's because there were so many gaps in payments over the years that by the time she aged out of CS, there were a ton of arrears.

Every year, CSE sends his info in for tax refund garnishments but I've never received a dime through that method. So he's either not filing taxes or he's claiming so much on his W4s that he's never owed a refund.

I'm in the same boat as you regarding the interstate business. He moved out of state years ago and they have to wait for the other state to act. DD is 20 years old and he hasn't seen her since she was a newborn.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 3, 2017 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't let it bother you, this is his problem. He is old enough to know what he's supposed to be doing.
mzhottie2581
by Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 6:43 PM

I actually wouldnt let him take them this past weekend for that reason! The sad thing is, is that I think the law says I cannot keep him from seeing them for lack of him paying cs. Think that is bs!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wouldn't let him see your kids.

mzhottie2581
by Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 6:46 PM

I agree he deserves to be in jail. I dont know why cs services hasnt gotten anything done about it. I did file contempt papers on him back in sept and they've set the hearing for march....:( I dont fully understand why they set that far away time wise. Does anyone know if getting another lawyer would do anything? I also think Im calling Idaho child support services tomorrow myself to see what can be done

Quoting Oliviasmom72: Deadbeats like him belong in jail. He’s able to pay some bit refuses. Why can’t they suspend his license? Can’t you file contemp in family court? You don’t have to wait for CSE to act.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)