Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you set up playdates?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
My daughter is 3 and attends daycare while I work fulltime. Lately she's been asking about having one of the girls at her daycare come over to our apartment. The issue is that, while I've met the little girl, I have no idea who her parents are or how to get in touch with them to set something up where both girls and moms are present. I want her to be able to play with other kids outside of daycare, but between my work schedule and social awkwardness, I have no idea of how to go about it. How do you guys handle this?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2017 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 4, 2017 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Write a note to the parents and give it to the teacher. They usually give this to the parents like they do with birthday invites.
Or wait around at pick up or drop off and introduce yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Thanks. I didn't know you could do that. This is her first year of daycare so I'm still new to all of this. Edit: The other little girl has dropoff and pickup times a few hours later than my daughter's. I'm not sure exactly how much later, but if I work 2 hours late she's still there so waiting isn't an option. The note idea should work though.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 4, 2017 at 7:30 PM
At that age you want to make sure the parents get the notes. You can ask the staff about this. Sometimes they put notes in the children's bags ( some parents may not check bags) and sometimes they hand it to the parents.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks. I didn't know you could do that. This is her first year of daycare so I'm still new to all of this. Edit: The other little girl has dropoff and pickup times a few hours later than my daughter's. I'm not sure exactly how much later, but if I work 2 hours late she's still there so waiting isn't an option. The note idea should work though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)