Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One tired Momma

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi! Thanks for accepting me into the group! I have 4 daughters, one is grown & lives in FL. I'm in IN, with my other 3 daughters, that live with me.  They are 11, 16, & 17. My 17 year old will be graduating H.S. soon.  I work 2 jobs, 1-Mon thru Fri, and the other, every Sat & Sun. & yes, I'm flipping exhausted. I also have chronic fatigue, which doesn't help matters.  Seems like everyday there's something extra added to my schedule.  But I try to make the most of things, & count my blessings, which helps me to make it through each day.  I have fears that I try not to let consume me.  If I think about it too much, it would overwhelm me.  Knowing that the my kids whole world depends mostly on me, so I gotta make sure I don't screw up. Crazy. 

by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:50 AM

It's hard! I have no children yet, just pregnant with twins and I work a lot also and it's already super hard. I'm going to have to basically quit one of my jobs after the new year because it's just too much. Then I have to make time for school and appts and to relax and have enough sleep to get up on the mornings I do have something to do. I think you got it just focus on the good and don't over think it :) you're so strong for being able to do all that alone :) I think it's great!

by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 1:30 PM

You are doing great. Being a single Mom is hard. You need to provide for them and if it takes 2 jobs to do it, then thats what it takes. Hopefully you can take a weekend off once in a while and pamper yourself. I would rather work and be busy, then not work and be flat broke and struggling.

Hang in there!

by Group Admin on Dec. 11, 2017 at 2:59 PM
Remember to pause and take care of you. If you don't you will run out of steam to take care of your kiddos. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself 1st, because if you are sick, down or losing it, you can't help anyone else.
by Carrie on Dec. 11, 2017 at 4:02 PM
Have you thought about working only one job?
Your health is more important.
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:01 AM
Welcome to the group. Working 2 jobs can be really exhausting.
by on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:28 PM

Wow!  Not sure how you are working 7 days and raising three girls.  That's one tight schedule!  Im sure you have no time for yourself but you really need to make some go out with girlfriends, take a bubble bath, relax in a sauna, etc.     It will help keep your head clear and focused.    Do you have the girls helping you around the house?  They are old enough.  I raised 3 kids myself doing 1 job.  It was hard.  I am a great believer in prayer and that is what really helped me.  Do you have any support people?  friends, family?   Someone to look out for the kids when you are not there?   Hopefully soon, there can be a new job that can pay enough that you only have to work the one.   Don't be too hard on yourself.   The fact that you are so concerned about screwing up let's me know that you won't.   Your heart is in the right place.   One day at a time!

by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 6:59 PM
Yeah baby girl a Sunday every week to pray and sleep should
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)