Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex's Parents

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
My Ex is an idiot, asshole, and many other names too many to list. He walked out on me and our children over 10 yrs ago. Since he's been remarried (with more kiddos) and divorced, now getting re-married for the 3rd time. He's lied to his new fiance (whom I feel sorry for) about his past and why he doesn't see his kids. That is what it is, but he has also disowned his parents because of some crazy family fight. I really don't know the whole story and frankly don't care too much. I think it's cruel and mean to stop talking/seeing your parents over a disagreement. I know his parents side of the story. They have become part of my family the last couple of years. My new husband and I now just include them in family gatherings such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. I didn't do this early on because my ex was very insistent that I not talk to his parents. I was basically told to stay away from them. Now after all he's put my kids through, I just don't care what he thinks.

Do you guys find it weird that my ex's parents are more a part of my family than his? My parents are divorced too and my mother took care of my dad's father for many years. So I've seen this type of thing happen before but it doesn't seem common. However my parents were married over 30 yrs before they divorced.
by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Not weird at all. You already said your ex is an asshole so he’s probably a liar too. If you have a good relationship with them and they like seeing their grandkids screw him.
M4LG5
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's great.
lyzzefrago
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this

It is kinda weird but I still think that it's a positive thing! Just because he's an ass doesn't mean his parents should suffer if they're good people :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
No, but at the same time, I'm really close to my ex's mom. I've helped her with almost everything the last 6 or so years- multiple moves, food, gas, clothing, taking showers, etc.
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It's weird, but it works. It means the kids will get to be closer to their grandparents
soccer711
by on Dec. 30, 2017 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I was close to my ex-mother-in-law until she died 4.5 years ago so I don't think it's weird at all. In fact, my house is a few houses down the street from hers.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 30, 2017 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. But I hope they all find a way to get along one day.
IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex’s family is awesome. Actually moved back to where they live when I got divorced instead of moving back home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)