Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anything you can't do as a single mom.?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I will admit I've kicked butt as a single mom, however I can't change lightbulbs by a flight of stairs. I don't even own a step ladder. What can't you do that you need to ask help for? In my area I looked into a handyman on Fb. He said $350 to change lightbulbs and repair a hand size hole in the wall. I'll pass.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2018 at 5:29 PM
Replies (11-19):
alexsmommy51405
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:16 PM

I can't work on my car at all. I have a friend that helps me with that though so I don't get swindled. I cracked my windshield from the cold a couple weeks ago and have been watching it get bigger. Went to get a quote on replacing it and they said almost 300. I told my friend and he was like hell no, wait til I get home. 

RocknRoll.Rose
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy a ladder. There is no reason to pay $350 to get a light bulb changed. The only issue I have is major repairs that need special training to do. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:42 PM
That's why I said hell no. I live in a money sucking area.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

we rock

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 24, 2018 at 2:26 PM
It depends. I'm willing to investigate an issue to see if I can do it, whether plumbing, electric, cars, etc. If it's super complex, I'll ask my dad to walk me thru it. If he can't, then I call someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2018 at 2:28 PM

Luckily i live in a newer house with no issues as of yet.  Time will tell if i need help with anything other than light bulb changes :)

Quoting randi1978: It depends. I'm willing to investigate an issue to see if I can do it, whether plumbing, electric, cars, etc. If it's super complex, I'll ask my dad to walk me thru it. If he can't, then I call someone.

CrazyCanuck97
by on Jan. 24, 2018 at 6:42 PM

I can do easy fix it stuff but I live in an apartment so they actually have a maintenance person come a fix anything if you need it. One thing though I always feel I am getting screwed over with is when I take my car in for work. I haven't a clue about that stuff. I take my dad with me now.

squirrelml
by Member on Jan. 26, 2018 at 3:22 PM

I don't climb ladders anymore, I've got back problems, Find someone who can do it for you. I know it seems hard now, When you go to your lockal grocery store-I'm probably dating myself-but sometimes local grocery stores has a bulletin board up with people looking to do small or odd jobs for cheap prices. My local hardware store has a bulletin board up with people posting all sorts of things. Also ask around your neighborhood, or possibly even a church(if you go to one)see if anyone can help you out.

I'm disabled an my boyfriend is also disabled we are lucky we have neighbors that will help us out if we need, something-our neighbor recently helped me out with a flat tire, didn't want anything for helping, so I next time I seen him and gave him some treats for his kids.

ame4c
by Group Admin on Jan. 26, 2018 at 9:19 PM
There isn't anything I can't do, but I am a bit different. I'm mechanical and can fix just about anything.

Oh just thought of something. If I need something sown, I take it to my mom. I don't really like to sow unless it's making patch quilts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)