Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just venting here....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Each year for my kids birthday’s I make it a big deal. They get to have a bday party with friends over the weekend closest to their bday. On their bday I make them breakfast and dinner of their choice. They get their gift with their bday breakfast. I really make sure they feel special. The past couple of years my oldest son’s bday has fallen on the weekend they go to their father’s house. While I tried to get him to switch weekends with me so that we could do all the things I just mentioned he threw a fit saying how I always have them on their bdays and it isn’t fair to him. It’s his turn. It’s his weekend! He shouldn’t have to change his schedule for “me.” So I gave in, celebrated his bday before he had to go. Both times my their father did nothing, nothing for their bdays. He didn’t provide a cake, he didn’t provide a gift, he didn’t do anything. He told them happy bday that day and let them pick out something from the store right before dropping them back off with me. It seriously makes me angry. What makes me even more angry is he has 2 small children with his current wife and they throw big parties for those kids. Parties I attend and bring a gift to. It makes me so mad that the 2 little kids bdays are more important than the 2 oldest boys and that he threw a fit to have them without doing anything for them. But I haven’t made it an issue as I try my best to remain civil with him. Just wanted to vent about it. Thanks for listening.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2018 at 11:32 AM
Replies (11-13):
Arigo
by Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Vent away! I get what your saying totally, he could care less about making their special day truly special and more about making sure you adhere to the rules and get dealt the "fair stick".
You just want to yelll obscenities and hit him over the head with a 🍳 🙃 But have to remain "civil" vent away my dear others might not get it but sometimes you just need a sounding off board👍🏽
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2018 at 6:46 PM
Yes thank you! You hit the nail on the head! He was more concerned about the fact HE had control over the outcome than his kids at all. He didn’t want them to make the day special. He wanted to make mine difficult. So of course I do the right thing and let my kids go with him and say nothing to avoid animosity while inside I’m like, you stupid prick. Thank you for getting it!!

Quoting Arigo: Vent away! I get what your saying totally, he could care less about making their special day truly special and more about making sure you adhere to the rules and get dealt the "fair stick".
You just want to yelll obscenities and hit him over the head with a 🍳 🙃 But have to remain "civil" vent away my dear others might not get it but sometimes you just need a sounding off board👍🏽
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:26 PM
Just know that you are doing what is best for your kids. They will remember what their dad did for their birthday and what you did. They'll remember what dad did for their siblings birthday. While it is frustrating you know that you're being the bigger person
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)