Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Started Dating Again But. . .

Posted by   + Show Post

I've recently started putting myself out in the market but seem to have little to no success attracting the right man. Idk what it is but maybe my flirting methods have are a bit outdated or something lol. I start off really well-meeting men, going on a first date, but after the initial date, any chance of moving forward with another date is lost. Idk what it is, but they never call back and when I asked one of the men I was one date that I thought went well, he said that he thought I wasn't the right match and he thought I was "boring" lol. I mean I am a mother and I don't have much time for really crazy activities lol, but I do have hobbies and interests and all the men I've been on a date with knew of my child and seemed to be okay with it so I don't think it could be that I am "boring".

Any other single moms have any tips or advice that could help me with dating again after being absent from the dating sphere for a few years?

I know a friend of mine who is also a mother recommended that I should change my wardrobe to something a bit more revealing because it'll help me look like I live a more active lifestyle or something like that, but idk if something like that could work? I am open to wearing more revealing clothes but will something so minor really affect how a well the first date goes for man?

by on Feb. 21, 2018 at 2:44 PM
Replies (11-13):
by Member on Mar. 1, 2018 at 10:08 AM

I'm going to try!

Have a great day today,

Quoting growerj:

I am going to try some online dating soon too. Which dating apps and websites do you prefer, by the way?

by on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:42 PM

Just do it.  - A review site for senior singles over 60

by Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:42 AM
If I have to change my wardrobe to reveal more for a guy....i am not me and that's not the point. If it doesn't go well...move on. From the experiences of people that have used the dating sites, many people are looking for either a quick night or fairy godmother magic. A real relationship takes time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)